Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
In my 4 years being on the forum I think you are the first to push your product. Good luck I'm just expressing my opinion

I guess it's regional. I've never seen any of the products on the video you had. The only protector I've ever seen is larger PVC or ABS around the head.
Thanks, It's a regional thing here in FL mostly for the simple fact that my competitors products don't hold up to well in colder climates. Mine does! :-)

Here in FL, this kind of product is found in every box store and just about every hardware store. The box stores usually carry 2-3 different like products. They sell them by the thousands each year here. I know for a fact that a Lowe's not far from me had sold over 20,000 concrete donuts in their location in a single year. I out sold all of my competitors products combined 10x over each day I pitched my product in different locations in FL. Not being a stock item, my product had to leave the store when I did each day I was their. I was running through my inventory quick but not making any $$$ selling in one Lowe's location at a time and not being able to leave my product when I moved to a different location to show they would sell there too. Traveling and lodging, I was only breaking even.

This is much bigger than most of you realize. I know for a fact my product will sell big as it gets known over time. My best day in Lowe's, I sold $650.00 worth in one day. That is why I'm pushing my own product, the big box store will make it a stock item one day or I'll get the word out myself no matter how long it takes me through my own website. My patent is fresh so I have some time to do so.

This isn't a gimmick or joke. My sales and reorders prove that despite what some here may think of it. The Lowe's manager that got me in the back door didn't think it was a joke and my sales in Lowe's were mind blowing. He's still trying to get my product through corporate. I have had 3 different district managers try to get it through corporate also with no success. Lowe's is so big, I think they just don't want to deal with a little guy like me. So this little guy isn't waiting on them to act. If they give me a call one day fine, if not, I'll still make it. Can you tell I'm determined just a little. lol If this doesn't open your eyes, nothing will. I cropped this photo, so no one was in it but I. Don't need no law suits. lol Come visit me and I'll show you photos with a crowd around my little set up in Lowe's.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

is that an Orbit spray head?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
For less than $3.00 a sprinkler head, one can keep them visible
I'm not going to praise or slam the product, just state an opinion. I personally don't want to see sprinkler heads visible or noticeable in the landscaping. We should see the result from the sprinkler system, and not the product itself. I would be confused if I had 10 zones at 6-8 heads each, and having these 60-80 large circles around the property. I also think it is ugly when a homeowner goes around with the string trimmer and creates divots around every single head. It detracts from the beauty of a good landscape design. Just my opinion, but I also hope you succeed with the product.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

"large circles around the property"

Sprinkler Buddy has a 7" diameter and much of that is taken up by the sprinkler head when installed. It's hardly noticeable unless one went hunting for them. From a very short distance away, one would never know they were in the lawn.

Kinda like a golf ball hiding in the short rough, you often wouldn't know it was there unless you hit it and saw it go in that general area. Once you get a yard or two from it that's when you know exactly where it's at. Sprinkler Buddy isn't a big red flag shouting here I am, one has to be looking for them to avoid them and the sprinkler head it's indicating.

As a professional, I only put them on the troubled sprinkler heads in my own lawn accounts. Most, I agree don't need them on all sprinkler heads. We all know which ones do though as we bust them periodically over time with the mower tires.

With that said, many still choose to put them on most of their sprinkler heads themselves because they want to know where they all are, it gives them peace of mind.
I think it boils down to this for each individual that decides to use them or not.
What's uglier, the repair bill or the little hardly visible shallow depression around the sprinkler head indicating them to avoid the ugly repair bill. That's also just my opinion.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What's uglier, the repair bill or the little hardly visible shallow depression around the sprinkler head indicating them to avoid the ugly repair bill. That's also just my opinion.
So in other words you guarantee sprinklers will never get broken by equipment if someone uses your product? Do you offer this in writing?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
is that an Orbit spray head?
Sprinkler Buddy will custom fit to all brands including Orbit spray heads and rotors. In this photo it's a spray head on the sign and a rotor head beneath it to give folks an idea of what it looks like up close.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
So in other words you guarantee sprinklers will never get broken by equipment if someone uses your product? Do you offer this in writing?
Do you really want to go there?
Of-course I can't guarantee that homeowners or those maintaining their lawn will pay attention and avoid the sprinkler heads even when they can be seen but it's nice to know they can if they are paying attention.

Why don't the pros give an 8-10 year guarantee on those sprinkler heads they install. That's the average life span of a sprinkler head properly installed in an ideal location. Parts and labor should be no problem in their guarantee if they are so confident they wont have any issues for years to come.

In the real world, non of us can control others actions. Nor can the pros control the conditions in a lawn over an extended period of time unless they are maintaining them themselves which most often isn't the case. That's why the pros don't give that 8-10 year warranty either.

"So in other words you guarantee sprinklers will never get broken by equipment if your the one that installs them?

If your willing to give folks that guarantee in writing, I'll give you a free ad on my website on every page. You'll have folks flying you out to their location with a guarantee like that on installs. You'll have to cover the travel expenses when repairs are needed though. Let me know when your ad is ready.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Do you really want to go there?
Why not? Your mantra here has been ..... use my product to prevent damaging your sprinklers ...... over and over and over again.

Quote:
"So in other words you guarantee sprinklers will never get broken by equipment if your the one that installs them?

Again ... why not? Your mantra here has been ..... use my product to prevent damaging your sprinklers ...... over and over and over again.

Here, let me say it again.

Why not? Your mantra here has been ..... use my product to prevent damaging your sprinklers ...... over and over and over again.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Read my reply again, I think you missed my answer to your question the first time.

I clearly stated "Why not?"
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Read my reply again, I think you missed my answer to your question the first time.

I clearly stated "Why not?"
No, I didn't miss anything. I am merely pointing out what you claim your product can do, when in fact it doesn't do what you claim at all. Many people here have commented on the eye sore aspect of this product ..... and you claim it isn't really noticeable once installed ........ YET in order for it to actually protect the sprinkler as you claim it does ..... then you MUST be able to SEE the product and avoid the sprinkler when maintaining the lawn. At best you are misrepresenting the capabilities of this product .... at worst intentionally misleading.
Closed Thread