Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Wheels will rust, and for me...slime didnt work. I would still come into shop in the morning and have a flat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately this seems to be the general consensus
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Has angone ever foam filled theyre skidsteer tires?
If so what was the cost and have they held up?
Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Our local tire dealer has a chemical used in mostly commercial tires but will add it to any tires if wanted. When I purchased new tires for my Z-Turn, I had him add it for about $10 a tire. He said if I get a nail or something. just pull it out and I would see a little white "pimple" appear. That would indicate the compound has sealed the hole. Wouldn't you know within a week of putting on the new tires I found a roofing nail in one. I removed it and sure enough, a little white dot appeared. I never heard the first bit of air from the tire and it has not lost any pressure since they were installed. I took the mower back to the dealer and had him fill the front casters as well and hopefully the results will be the same if I pick up anything in them. You guys may want to check with your local dealers to see if they offer this service. Of course I don't think they will hold if you put a big hole in the tire or cut the side wall. Beats the hell out of Slime!!
Honda HRB217 21" Self Propelled Hydrostatic
Ryan LawnAire 28 Core Aerator
Stihl HS80 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl HT101 Limb Saw
Stihl FS110 Trimmer
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl HL 135° Hedge Trimmer Attachment
Echo SRM260S Trimmer
Stihl BR600 Magnum Blower
Stihl BR420 Magnum Blower
Echo Backpack Sprayer
Shindaiwa RS60 Spreader
And the best employee in the business...My Son!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil_66 View Post
Our local tire dealer has a chemical used in mostly commercial tires but will add it to any tires if wanted. When I purchased new tires for my Z-Turn, I had him add it for about $10 a tire. He said if I get a nail or something. just pull it out and I would see a little white "pimple" appear. That would indicate the compound has sealed the hole. Wouldn't you know within a week of putting on the new tires I found a roofing nail in one. I removed it and sure enough, a little white dot appeared. I never heard the first bit of air from the tire and it has not lost any pressure since they were installed. I took the mower back to the dealer and had him fill the front casters as well and hopefully the results will be the same if I pick up anything in them. You guys may want to check with your local dealers to see if they offer this service. Of course I don't think they will hold if you put a big hole in the tire or cut the side wall. Beats the hell out of Slime!!
I never looked into it so I don't know enough about it. However, in 2-3 minutes, I googled a few words and came up with all the info about foam filled tires that I'd need to know, that fast!
I can't for the life of me understand why others on here can't take the initiative to find the info they need without starting a thread about something that they could have easily looked up and found exactly what they needed to know in just minutes rather then waiting for a day or so for someone to respond. Shew, that was a long breath to say all that.

Obviously the insulation spray foam is not the right stuff to use as stated.
Just locate the correct chemical and use it the way it's suppose to be used and you won't have a pile of crumbled up dust in your tires.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
I never looked into it so I don't know enough about it. However, in 2-3 minutes, I googled a few words and came up with all the info about foam filled tires that I'd need to know, that fast!
I can't for the life of me understand why others on here can't take the initiative to find the info they need without starting a thread about something that they could have easily looked up and found exactly what they needed to know in just minutes rather then waiting for a day or so for someone to respond. Shew, that was a long breath to say all that.

Obviously the insulation spray foam is not the right stuff to use as stated.
Just locate the correct chemical and use it the way it's suppose to be used and you won't have a pile of crumbled up dust in your tires.
The advantage of asking here is to get user experiance not internet hype.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
When we bought our first Bobcat 763 it came with foam filled tires. The stuff works really good. The machine operates just like normal but you will never get a flat. It eliminates that downtime on having to fix flats, after a while it adds up. It is pricey to get them filled though, i think its like $250 a tire for a skidsteer? Not sure though but if it is anything near that i think its worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2012, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That fix a flat stuff made for temporarily sealing a failed tire will make the ride rougher.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlandco View Post
When we bought our first Bobcat 763 it came with foam filled tires. The stuff works really good. The machine operates just like normal but you will never get a flat. It eliminates that downtime on having to fix flats, after a while it adds up. It is pricey to get them filled though, i think its like $250 a tire for a skidsteer? Not sure though but if it is anything near that i think its worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info, i appreciate it.
Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you haul your own Skidsteer, make sure you check into how much weight it adds, if you're close to your max weight already. My boss at full time job checked for all-terrain lift & it was abt $250 a tire but would have put it over weight for him to haul. I forget what he said it would add in weight but it was more than I would have expected. I guess the foam weighs alot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2012, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i found a few sites that offer that foam and its was insanely expensive.