Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not exactly for Obama care....but. Consider this.

A lot of "mid sized " and large Lawncare companies get these huge advantages over the smaller companies. They get buying discounts for buying large qty. it's some times not even funny the price breaks they get. Then they get to factor other things like only needing 1 bed edger to support 8 crews. I have 1 for 2 crews. As a result they can bring down their cost to operate.

Well the joke is on them. In this case the small companies may get the advantage getting tax breaks, or at least not having to deal with the Obama care and no penalty.

They may have to actually raise prices to afford it.

This could actually work in our favor
It is the law of the land and it is not going way so we need to learn what is going to happen. It does seem that having less than 25 employees is going to be an advantage in regards to this law. There are several other federal laws that do not apply to the micro small company of 10 or 15 or so employees.

I do not think the tax credits will last for us to buy insurance more than 2 years. Right now it seems to last for the low income individuals based on several things
  1. income level relative to the poverty scale
  2. percentage of their wages they spend on insurance
  3. The size of the family

Very confusing but I have looked at the implications a few times in the past and a whole lot the last 2 days.

Only time will tell if this is a horrible thing or a good thing. Something has to be done to help control cost which PPACA does not seem to do.

Whatever advantage we do get will not last long as the big boys adjust.