Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Inuit ( powered by Homestead ) also has templatend hosting for 7.99 a month with a 30 day trial.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
I completely understand how difficult it can be to want to do something right- but to lack the resources. So, here is my question:

If you really can't afford to do a website right, is it batter to focus on a Facebook and Places/+ page, and wait until you have the ability to do the site right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Google+ page, hands down. Obviously, because they're free, both should be done. I would still do a site as well as you can and make sure everything is linked and listed, especially as it pertains to your NAP (name/address/phone).

I say "hands down" because the dirty secret is that Facebook page status updates reach such a small percentage of what you assume is really happening, whereas Google+ hits everyone who follows it and the Google search strength of g+ is growing every day. Obviously, you probably have more Facebook followers than g+, but the search engine indexing benefit and strength is a very nice equalizer.

edit: did a bit of an edit as I read your question incorrectly.

Last edited by tonygreek; 11-18-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Google places and Google + frustrate me very much. Not their best work but it is what it is.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Read what paper cutter said. His site is costing him about 7 bucks a month. If you can't afford that you probably should not be in business. My site costs me less than that and I get about 80 jobs a year from the website.

I would worry about a web site before I spent any time doing a facebook page. The facebook page is nice to have and will bring a little business but the web site is the important thing.

Get hosting and a URL. Use wordpress, buy a template. Find someones site you like and set yours up along the general lines of the one you like. Just make sure the one you like if far away from you.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Have you guys found success with a google + page? It is not very widely used in my area.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCuttingHedge View Post
Have you guys found success with a google + page? It is not very widely used in my area.
It's difficult to get followers, for sure. I think it's use is fairly limited- right now. Google is not giving up on it, so I think it is very viable long term.

It's value, to me right now, is strictly SEO. Check out this post to see all the ways you can use it: SEOmoz