Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can swing it get an enclosed right off the bat. A lot of it will have to do with how the ztrs front cater arms are set up. My Gravely are short and the Hustler SZs are long. Oddly the Hustlers stack better than the Gravely because they straddle the rear end of the mower in front. I now am running a 20' open car hauler and have two ztrs, one hydro walk behind, and a push mower comfortably. This also allows just enough room for a rear bagger on one of the ztrs. Keep other options in mind as well like bagger, thatch rake, front mount aerator,spreader, sprayer attachments if you have or consider getting any.

Here's a nice open one. I know it's too far away for you though.
http://kalispell.craigslist.org/for/3388740043.html
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

whats the best trailer to fit 4 ztrs mowers

I use a 20' by 6'10" Holmes trailer and can put 2 exmark 60" w/ baggers and a exmark 60" w/o bagger on it and still manage to put a 26" push mower on there
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

This thread is what I needed to read. I currently have a 7 x 16 enclosed and it's a pain to fit everything I have. Looking to purchase two aerators next year and am not sure how this is going to work for having everything with me.

As far as a reply for the person seeking information, always plan for expansion. Buying bigger than what you need is going to save you down the road. I estimated a 8.5 x 24 foot enclosed trailer. I also included building a small work bench at the noise of the trailer. At that width I'm sure you could turn all the mowers without baggers sideways, if that option saves on space.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

My question is how many guys you have in one truck? I run crew cab fords, and we still can only get 5, and that is real close. Unless you are not trimming or blowing pavement, why do you need all 4 ztrs on one rig? I think also you need to consider the areas that you have to get that trailer into. We run 7 x 18 bumper pulls, and it gets fairly tight in some areas. Sometimes miss the old 6 x 12s we used to run