Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave88LX View Post
If I could find a quality landscape/lawn person who would do a good job and not rake me over the coals, that'd be one thing. But I'm getting quotes of $700 for pest control, $3500 to run a skidsteer for a couple days etc. Maybe the lawn business is different though.

Have you looked into the cost of the chemicals to do pest control yourself? They are not cheap and people don't want to work for free.

Same on the skidsteer. If you think you can do it rent one yourself. Around here you can rent one from CAT for $240 a day or $700 a week but you better have a truck and trailer that can haul cause that don't include delivery and pickup. You homeowners look at this stuff and don't think about what we have to pay to be legitimate businesses. I'll give you an example. In WV, just my 5x12 open trailer is $92 a year in property taxes. What do you suppose taxes on a skid steer and a trailer big enough to haul it are? We also are to pay for wear and tear, fuel, wages, payroll taxes, etc... So if you want to do it yourself just do it. Don't come to the pro forum and ask for advice then complain about prices.

The blower you are looking at is not nearly big enough from a guy who does this for a livings POV. If you want to do it yourself at least buy a top of the line BP blower. Husky 570 or 580 Stilhl Magnum, Redmax 5700 or 5800 Echo 700 just search youtube for big BP blowers and you will find them all.