Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Sprinkler Buddy's Avatar
Sprinkler Buddy Sprinkler Buddy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
SB, could you explain or provide a link to this "package 5" classification. I took a quick look and couldn't find anything even remotely related. I did however see that UV resistance of a product is generally related to the type of stabilizer used and the amount of stabilizer present in the product.
Are you familiar with animal ear tags "cattle, sheep, etc..."? My material is very similar to them. Do your home work, they are made from a TPU or TPE material. You can do your research since your the lawyer type and like that kind of thing. I'm not giving out specifics for obvious reasons, my competitors, if you didn't catch that.

Don't forget to also check out the independent product review of the Sprinkler Buddy from a known and very respected irrigation expert in the irrigation industry. "irrigation tutorials" I have shared his link in another thread that most of you haters of the Sprinkler Buddy have chosen to ignore his findings of my product. He's like many of you, Sprinkler Buddy isn't his thing but he also shares that it does exactly what I say it will do. He had used it himself in the field prior to the review as he has done with countless other irrigation products on his site. The review isn't given to him by the manufacture to be posted as one would find on most other sites. You will like the negative things he shares about my product being an irrigation pro himself but continue to read till the end. He also claims, folks looking for a product such as mine will love the Sprinkler Buddy if they don't mind the look of it.

We can go on and on if you would like but the facts are the facts. You haven't personally used or even seen my product in person. Hopefully you can learn from one of your known fellow professionals that have in the product review at irrigation tutorials.

You also brought up the concrete donuts, have you used them personally? You can find all kinds of poor reviews online from those that have. Very Few positive ones. I would have never pursued my idea of the Sprinkler Buddy if I were happy with the sprinkler donut results I had gotten from them over the years. I have yet to find a poor review of the Sprinkler Buddy from someone that has tried them. Yeah, you may find a few poor reviews on the internet from others like yourself that hadn't tried them. I have had only 3 returns since selling my product online. All of the packs came back not opened. They didn't realize they had to unscrew the sprinkler head before they could install the Sprinkler Buddy. They said that was too much work for them and that's why they were returned. No problem, I returned their $$$.
  #112  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM
SoCalLandscapeMgmt SoCalLandscapeMgmt is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Go on-line, there are Texas and Florida costumes you can get to blend in better.
nah.... I'm thinking Northern AZ.
  #113  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
My point exactly! "most "NONE" of which can't be seen anyway" Doesn't really matter the size of the deck if they can't be seen, one will run them over with the tires and sometimes break them even with swing pipe and at grade level.

Funny how lawn guys always seem to blame it on the installers by saying it wasn't properly installed, "It's not my fault". The installer often blames it on the lawn guy, he was mowing to short, etc... "It's not my fault".

The homeowner often is the one flipping the bill while saying: "It's not my Fault"

It's no ones fault much of the time, damage is going to continue occasionally if they can't be seen. Period!

SB is not a tripping hazard, it's flexible. Step on it it goes down, get off it, it goes back up. With the use of swing pipe, one could put the SB even lower by having the sprinkler head below grade a little when installed so one can mow even lower if they wanted too. Those that do mow @ 1 1/2" or lower have their sprinkler heads below grade so they seldom have issues with them other than the sand wearing them out prematurely. SB can help those heads as well.

Many of you pros here don't like the look, in a perfect world I wouldn't either. Unlike many of you that aren't responsible for the heads your mowers break I have always felt a since of responsibility to fix something that wasn't broke until I broke it. I don't feel I'm the one to blame but the installer has been long gone and the homeowner knows they didn't do it.

With $$$ not coming out of my own pocket anymore, makes me like the look. With most lawn guys saying "it's not my fault" and installers saying "it's not my problem anymore, your system is out of warranty now."

Like it or not many homeowners will like the look as well because it reduces $$$ out of their own pocket. Those that don't like the look will continue to call you as often as they do now or continue to fix them themselves as many do as well.
I didn't come to pi$$ on your parade; like I said, it's probably better suited as a home owner product than for commercial application; like concrete doughnuts.
__________________
.
.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
.
.
  #114  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Sprinkler Buddy's Avatar
Sprinkler Buddy Sprinkler Buddy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
I didn't come to pi$$ on your parade; like I said, it's probably better suited as a home owner product than for commercial application; like concrete doughnuts.
Homeowners are the ones buying them for now for the most part but I do use them in my commercial accounts and they have made my life a lot easier. I suspect some larger orders I have had are for commercial use but don't know that for sure. My parade is just getting started, didn't even notice it was getting pi$$ed on. lol It's all Good!
  #115  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
Are you familiar with animal ear tags "cattle, sheep, etc..."? My material is very similar to them. Do your home work, they are made from a TPU or TPE material. You can do your research since your the lawyer type and like that kind of thing. I'm not giving out specifics for obvious reasons, my competitors, if you didn't catch that.
How is telling us what "package 5" means a trade secret? You stated it as a feature of your product. You stated it has better UV protection than the sprinklers it supposedly protects. What does it mean? Where is your data to support this claim, and your other claims? Nothing (other than inaccurate information on public forums) chaps my ass more than reps/manufacturers blowing smoke up my ass with unsubstantiated claims (a.k.a bullshiit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
Don't forget to also check out the independent product review of the Sprinkler Buddy from a known and very respected irrigation expert in the irrigation industry. "irrigation tutorials" I have shared his link in another thread that most of you haters of the Sprinkler Buddy have chosen to ignore his findings of my product. He's like many of you, Sprinkler Buddy isn't his thing but he also shares that it does exactly what I say it will do.
A marker flag will do what your product will do. Further I am not all that interested in his reviews as I have some serious reservations about them given some of his other "reviews" that I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
He had used it himself in the field prior to the review as he has done with countless other irrigation products on his site.
Why not have him re-evaluate the installed product in 5 or 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
We can go on and on if you would like but the facts are the facts. You haven't personally used or even seen my product in person. Hopefully you can learn from one of your known fellow professionals that have in the product review at irrigation tutorials.
You haven't given us any facts SB, nor have you satisfactorily addressed the points I (or others) have brought up. I also don't need to use your product to see the drawbacks of it or to express my reservations, nor is the opinion of a single person mean a hill of beans to me, as most certainly my opinion means nothing to you. Further, he stated what pretty much everyone here has already stated .... A PROPERLY INSTALLED SYSTEM DOES NOT NEED THESE! Either you install or renovate the system correctly or leave it to someone who can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
You also brought up the concrete donuts, have you used them personally? You can find all kinds of poor reviews online from those that have. Very Few positive ones.
Yes I have used them .... heck even used them in FL. Do they do what they are supposed to do .... yes they do. Do they perform without problems if properly installed ..... yes they do.

Also the vast majority of online reviews are from disgruntled pissed off people .... hardly a true measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
I would have never pursued my idea of the Sprinkler Buddy if I were happy with the sprinkler donut results I had gotten from them over the years. I have yet to find a poor review of the Sprinkler Buddy from someone that has tried them. Yeah, you may find a few poor reviews on the internet from others like yourself that hadn't tried them. I have had only 3 returns since selling my product online. All of the packs came back not opened. They didn't realize they had to unscrew the sprinkler head before they could install the Sprinkler Buddy. They said that was too much work for them and that's why they were returned. No problem, I returned their $$$.
As I (and others) have stated numerous times, a properly installed sprinkler needs no additional protection. Same thing goes with a concrete donut ... properly installed they do what they are intended to do without issues. I don't know what you expect coming onto a public forum of professionals, but if you think we are going to swallow your sales pitch without question you got another thing coming.
  #116  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Sprinkler Buddy's Avatar
Sprinkler Buddy Sprinkler Buddy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post

A marker flag will do what your product will do. Further I am not all that interested in his reviews as I have some serious reservations about them given some of his other "reviews" that I have read.

You can't mow over a marker flag now can you.

Why not have him re-evaluate the installed product in 5 or 10 years?

Sprinkler heads in troubled areas or not installed properly aren't going to last 5-10 yrs unless they can be seen.


Yes I have used them .... heck even used them in FL. Do they do what they are supposed to do .... yes they do. Do they perform without problems if properly installed ..... yes they do.

Please tell me why a professional like yourself would ever need to use a sprinkler donut, I thought you said a properly installed sprinkler head needs no protection. Bingo!

Also the vast majority of online reviews are from disgruntled pissed off people .... hardly a true measure.

We'll let the homeowners/visitors on this forum decide this one.



As I (and others) have stated numerous times, a properly installed sprinkler needs no additional protection. Same thing goes with a concrete donut ... properly installed they do what they are intended to do without issues. I don't know what you expect coming onto a public forum of professionals, but if you think we are going to swallow your sales pitch without question you got another thing coming.
I say again, Why would a professional like yourself ever bother with concrete donuts. I'm confused now.


This reminds me of a movie. "You want the truth! You can't handle the Truth!"

I apologize it had to come this far but your the one that wouldn't let it go and just "Agree to Disagree" as I have asked countless times. I'm sure we both have entertained many now.
  #117  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,174
Let the market decide...why rant? Seriously...
I don't see a need other than in rock,where head s cannot be easily lowered ...but grass won't do too well over rock
Posted via Mobile Device
  #118  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM
JimmyTheGlove's Avatar
JimmyTheGlove JimmyTheGlove is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. George, Utah
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
A PROPERLY INSTALLED SYSTEM DOES NOT NEED THESE! Either you install or renovate the system correctly or leave it to someone who can.
Seriously? You are missing the point ENTIRELY, Kiril. Not everyone has a "PROPERLY INSTALLED SYSTEM". I sure as hell don't. So your suggestion to me would be to tear up my lawn and redo the system to keep me from breaking my sprinkler heads? Maybe that is the root of the problem but that's not an easy or inexpensive solution to the problem.

If you have a perfectly installed system then sure, don't bother with a donut. But not everyone has a properly installed system. And for them, a well-engineered sprinkler donut like the SB is a good way to go. How is that so hard to understand?

Secondly, Kiril, you have no first-hand experience with the Sprinkler Buddy so I'm definitely going to take the "Irrigation Tutorials" dude's word before yours because he has actually tried it. Why would anyone listen to someone's review when that person hasn't even used the product? It's okay to question things but you're doing more than that. You're making assumptions without even trying it. You bash on SB for not backing up his claims but you're standing on no proof yourself. That guy at Irrigation Tutorials actually put his money where his mouth is. Something you'd never have the b*lls to do.
__________________
How can you have glasses that thick and be so stupid?
  #119  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM
irritation's Avatar
irritation irritation is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,523
I would be laughed out of the business if I ever used one of those and if I ever came across one, , it's going in the trash. Looks like fun to replace a head with one of those on it.
  #120  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
SoCalLandscapeMgmt SoCalLandscapeMgmt is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,431
In the amount of time that it takes to dig up a head and cut and install one of these plastic cone things you could probably properly repair any existing deficiencies that would cause the head to be broken by a mower in the first place! I don't know how the hell they install irrigation in FL but apparently the heads all stick out of the ground by an inch and a half or so! A properly installed head needs no such device as this guy is hocking. Quit being lazy! There is no magic product that will replace digging up a head and properly installing it and setting it to proper grade.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.08798 seconds with 10 queries