Register free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
Some people think that its nuts that we have irrigation in the evergreen state. I saw an irrigation system in Aberdeen, WA once.
I was very shocked with a few orders to Canada. Had no idea they had sprinkler systems. Thought the season there would be too short to bother.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
I was very shocked with a few orders to Canada. Had no idea they had sprinkler systems. Thought the season there would be too short to bother.
Yeah especially if it was edmonton.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheGlove View Post
Seriously? You are missing the point ENTIRELY, Kiril. Not everyone has a "PROPERLY INSTALLED SYSTEM". I sure as hell don't. So your suggestion to me would be to tear up my lawn and redo the system to keep me from breaking my sprinkler heads? Maybe that is the root of the problem but that's not an easy or inexpensive solution to the problem.
Am I? You have to dig up the sprinkler to install this gadget. Why not just replace the damn sprinkler with the proper materials and installation method if you are going to go that far? Hmmmmmmm ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheGlove View Post
Secondly, Kiril, you have no first-hand experience with the Sprinkler Buddy so I'm definitely going to take the "Irrigation Tutorials" dude's word before yours because he has actually tried it. Why would anyone listen to someone's review when that person hasn't even used the product? It's okay to question things but you're doing more than that. You're making assumptions without even trying it. You bash on SB for not backing up his claims but you're standing on no proof yourself. That guy at Irrigation Tutorials actually put his money where his mouth is. Something you'd never have the b*lls to do.
Good for you Jimmy ... make sure you read the caveat ..... oh and the section where he didn't comment on what happens if you drive over it.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I say again, Why would a professional like yourself ever bother with concrete donuts. I'm confused now.
I said I have used them, not that I use them now.

Quote:
I apologize it had to come this far but your the one that wouldn't let it go and just "Agree to Disagree" as I have asked countless times. I'm sure we both have entertained many now.
Thanks again for answering my questions and addressing my concerns.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
In the amount of time that it takes to dig up a head and cut and install one of these plastic cone things you could probably properly repair any existing deficiencies that would cause the head to be broken by a mower in the first place!
You would lose that challenge, this is so simple that most anyone could do it if they ever had replaced a sprinkler head in the past.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I predict lots of lawn mowers will buy this and kiril will have lots more business going in and taking them out...... win win
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I don't know many lawn care professionals that don't carry sprinkler heads in their trailers or trucks. Just encase one gets broken or needs replaced.
I think you mean, carries the cheapest POS sprinkler he can buy at the big box. When I see the lawnboy "replacement" it gets yanked, trashed and the proper sprinkler installed.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We prefer grass cutter...and from time to time failed irrigation head finder
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I said I have used them, not that I use them now.

Thanks again for answering my questions and addressing my concerns.
Is this what they mean by Flip Flop like in politics. :-) You were so pleased the way cement donuts worked for you even in FL as I recall, Mentioned them twice in fact, very strongly I might add. I don't understand now you say you don't use them at all after you were so pleased with them? I'm confused! Maybe I need to read it again.

Originally Posted by Kiril View Post

A marker flag will do what your product will do. Further I am not all that interested in his reviews as I have some serious reservations about them given some of his other "reviews" that I have read.

You can't mow over a marker flag now can you.

Why not have him re-evaluate the installed product in 5 or 10 years?

Sprinkler heads in troubled areas or not installed properly aren't going to last 5-10 yrs unless they can be seen.

Yes I have used them .... heck even used them in FL. Do they do what they are supposed to do .... yes they do. Do they perform without problems if properly installed ..... yes they do.

Please tell me why a professional like yourself would ever need to use a sprinkler donut, I thought you said a properly installed sprinkler head needs no protection. Bingo!

Also the vast majority of online reviews are from disgruntled pissed off people .... hardly a true measure.

We'll let the homeowners/visitors on this forum decide this one.

As I (and others) have stated numerous times, a properly installed sprinkler needs no additional protection. Same thing goes with a concrete donut ... properly installed they do what they are intended to do without issues. I don't know what you expect coming onto a public forum of professionals, but if you think we are going to swallow your sales pitch without question you got another thing coming.
I say again, Why would a professional like yourself ever bother with concrete donuts. I'm confused now.

This reminds me of a movie. "You want the truth! You can't handle the Truth!"

I apologize it had to come this far but your the one that wouldn't let it go and just "Agree to Disagree" as I have asked countless times. I'm sure we both have entertained many now.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Is this what they mean by Flip Flop like in politics. :-) You were so pleased the way cement donuts worked for you even in FL as I recall, Mentioned them twice in fact, very strongly I might add. I don't understand now you say you don't use them at all after you were so pleased with them? I'm confused! Maybe I need to read it again.
You do need to read it again ..... and stop putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
You can't mow over a marker flag now can you.
Who said you could? I am merely pointing out that the guy said it does what it was meant to do .... make the sprinkler more visible. A marker flag will do the same thing ..... or even your common FL install method of slapping it on a PVC riser 2 feet above grade.

Quote:
Sprinkler heads in troubled areas or not installed properly aren't going to last 5-10 yrs unless they can be seen.
This makes absolutely NO sense at all.

Quote:
Please tell me why a professional like yourself would ever need to use a sprinkler donut, I thought you said a properly installed sprinkler head needs no protection. Bingo!
I don't use them now, that doesn't mean I haven't used them or worked with them in the field ..... BINGO! Got some more words you want to put in my mouth?

Quote:
We'll let the homeowners/visitors on this forum decide this one.
Hmmmm, sounds a lot like me. I'm a visitor and a homeowner.

Quote:
This reminds me of a movie. "You want the truth! You can't handle the Truth!"
Apparently you can't handle the truth given you have resorted to putting words in my mouth to avoid any real discussion on the merit of your product.

Quote:
And you STILL haven't addressed my points or concerns, nor have you answered the questions I asked. I will say one thing though, you sure are good at dancing.
Closed Thread