Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...U7tUQIM3M&NR=1

Dave...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

It all depends on the customers needs and what they've got to spend. CFM the Hurricane wins, MPH the Billy Goat wins. Cost, the Billy Goat wins, ride on ability the Hurricane wins. Wet debris, MPH is more important. Dry debris, CFM is more important. Each product has it's pros and cons.

The one that has really begun to do well for us is the Z-Force http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Cat...z-for-your-ztr. While you can't ride it you let your mower push it and you can mow and blow at the same time and have 360 rotation control of your discharge from the seat of your ZTR (any ZTR). You'll save more than a couple $K versus the Brown and Hurricane. Demo all of them to bypass all of the salesman hype and claims for the product that best fits YOUR needs before you drop your money.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries View Post
It all depends on the customers needs and what they've got to spend. CFM the Hurricane wins, MPH the Billy Goat wins. Cost, the Billy Goat wins, ride on ability the Hurricane wins. Wet debris, MPH is more important. Dry debris, CFM is more important. Each product has it's pros and cons.

The one that has really begun to do well for us is the Z-Force http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Cat...z-for-your-ztr. While you can't ride it you let your mower push it and you can mow and blow at the same time and have 360 rotation control of your discharge from the seat of your ZTR (any ZTR). You'll save more than a couple $K versus the Brown and Hurricane. Demo all of them to bypass all of the salesman hype and claims for the product that best fits YOUR needs before you drop your money.
whats the m.s.r.p. on the ZTR one?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

wheres the 18 hp vanguard also? I like the nifty belt driven discharge swivel.

It occurs to me, at 1500 for the hurricane and brown hoses you could have a nice little truck loader or half of a big one for that much and just use a hurricane for the blower aspect. I can see 7-8 k for the blower but i cant get past 1500 for hoses.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

The one that has really begun to do well for us is the Z-Force http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Cat...z-for-your-ztr.
That looks horrible, and weak.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Four Seasons I have been thinking along the same lines, but cheaper.

I like the idea of a loader that is portable, like the Brown (and Hurricane?)

But those guys are using fan blades to "digest" the leaf debris. Wouldn't the serrated blades in some loaders be better, or is that a gimmick? How well would these blowers really function as a loader ?

Shouldn't the loaders be able to function as a blower if you use flexible hose on it instead of using a solid discharge pipe.

So, pay $4000 for a nice big loader, and mount it on something (old mower? ) to make it portable. Flexible hoses on intake and discharge. Now its a proper loader (not a modified blower) and it should be a very powerful blower too.

A little barnyard engineering and you could have a very diverse tool. And save 5K too...
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

I have the Billy Goat Force 13HP SP and love it. But at my age of 53 I would like to sit on some large jobs for more productivity. So what is the difference in power? FORCE 13HPSP or Z- FORCE. Will my discharge 1 inch large on my FORCE 13 HP get more CFM than the Z- FORCE 13 hp with that 1 inch smaller one? Thank you.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
That looks horrible, and weak.
That's incredibly rude. Have you actually tried it? Seriously, if you've got nothing nice to say and are ignorant to it's actual performance and characteristics keep your opinion to yourself. Taking pot shots a sponsors when you have no experience in what you're crowing about shows no class on your part.