Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
Wow I can hardly believe you a bizarre call. How weird is that? Did you alert the press? Has jay leno called you yet for an interview? Maybe you can get a reality show because of the drama.

I just don't see what the big deal is. Weird call and tour busy. All you had to say was your booked and move on.
Posted via Mobile Device
No I have not alerted the press. I'm not sure they'd be interested in the story. Jay Leno has not called either....I don't see how he would be aware of this. Hmmmm...reality show....that could be fun. Do you have any contacts so I can follow up on these great ideas?

This is a referral from a good high-end customer, that's why I will see what I can do to help them out. I'll be within a couple miles of their house in a few minutes when I go do a bank run so I'll probably drop in and take a look. I'm always busy, but I always have time to consider opportunities. Maybe they're in enough need to get this done before their guests arrive on Thursday that they're willing to pay a priority service surcharge?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
No I have not alerted the press. I'm not sure they'd be interested in the story. Jay Leno has not called either....I don't see how he would be aware of this. Hmmmm...reality show....that could be fun. Do you have any contacts so I can follow up on these great ideas?

This is a referral from a good high-end customer, that's why I will see what I can do to help them out. I'll be within a couple miles of their house in a few minutes when I go do a bank run so I'll probably drop in and take a look. I'm always busy, but I always have time to consider opportunities. Maybe they're in enough need to get this done before their guests arrive on Thursday that they're willing to pay a priority service surcharge?

If I had the contacts I probably would use them myself. You could always go to an area where they shoot shows and stalk them. Can't remember the exact state your in.

I would get pre payment if it were me
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
And if I show up and somebody has started the cleanup at all, raked a small area, I'll have a hissy fit and can her, lol. A guy on here actually did that....f'd up I know but that's the way some of these guys operate.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
And if I show up and somebody has started the cleanup at all, raked a small area, I'll have a hissy fit and can her, lol. A guy on here actually did that....f'd up I know but that's the way some of these guys operate.
What you can't get threw your thick skull is if its a one time thing no big deal, but dealing with that crap and having someone destroy my work and someone having a cow that I'll be a couple hours later than I said is all together different.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
I was not aware that you had measured the thickness of my skull. You don't even know what state I'm in but you know the thickness of my skull?

If your lack of respect for other members here is any indication of the way you treat your customers, it's no wonder you have a hard time holding onto them. You know that anger management classes are often free?

Good day....off to chase leaves.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,755
I can just see you chasing the leaves around yelling " come here Damn leaf" or " come here leaf come here leaf". Watching you chase leaves would make a good you tube video.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-20-2012, 05:28 PM
pseudosun pseudosun is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 882
Alot of times, the lawn man is just overwhelmed, and the customer gets impatient. The lawn guy probably figures that if this customer can't understand a crisis, maybe i should ditch them. I've been on both sides. I showed up to a long time customer after a storm, and some teenager with a push mower was out there. I thought about calling her, but what's the damn point. I told one lady that i waited a month, and if you can't give me a couple of days to sort things out, maybe you need to get someone else. There was a big long silence. Today i did my sister's yard. She took it over and has been saying that it was easy; that's because she didn't edge, and had 3 feet of gum leaves in her beds. I tried to hide my anger, but she saw it, and gave me an extra 25. I think i'm at the point where if it is not scheduled before thanksgiving week, i'm not even going to consider it. Not interested in getting jerked around like that.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
Well, I checked the place out this morning. It was a mess...doesn't look like it's been touched in 6 to 8 weeks, maybe more. Long grass, sticks all over and tons of wet leaves.

It turns out that a friend of mine has been servicing it. He really isn't very good about returning calls, which is their biggest problem with him...he doesn't return mine either, so I didn't bother to call him, lol. He works a full time day job and doesn't get out until 3:30, so that doesn't leave him much daylight this time of year.

I set my son up with the job working for the customer directly but with a little help and guidance from me. I'll have to do the mowing part, but otherwise it's mostly just picking up sticks and blowing....lots of blowing....but plenty of woods to loose the leaves and downed branches in.

I would never let one of my accounts get as bad as this place is. My friend very well may have a good reason for blowing them off, but letting the place get as bad as it is and not calling them back isn't really good business.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
What you can't get threw your thick skull is if its a one time thing no big deal, but dealing with that crap and having someone destroy my work and someone having a cow that I'll be a couple hours later than I said is all together different.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did someone forget their meds?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Did someone forget their meds?
Yeah, you forgot to give them to darryl. Didn't you get the memo?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.08155 seconds with 9 queries