Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-21-2012, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
Tony Greek

Okay thank you for that info that really gives me more to think about. You brought up some really good points.

On the website...this website builder has built 4 sites within the last year and they have all been on the first page of google within a few months. He actually wouldn't say a guarantee, but every site he has built, which is more than four, are on the first page of google.

With that in mind would you still consider this?
Posted via Mobile Device
You'd have to analyze the economics of it using costs/effort levels to potential ROI. Unless you discover a rank reason to do so, such as Lawn Mowing is dominated by Lead-gen companies, such as Angie's List and Service Magic, but they are leaving Lawn Maintenance alone, maybe, but then why not just shape your content to rank well for both?

If you were working for me, and brought forth this idea, I'd have to ask you to present your case with as much supporting detail as possible. Time-based hunches, such as splitting out content to two distinctly separate sites and waiting for Search to catch up, are still money-based hunches. Can your business afford to lose both?

If you'd like more specific input, based on your target service area and demographics, I'd be more than happy to weigh in. Just PM me the info.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
You'd have to analyze the economics of it using costs/effort levels to potential ROI. Unless you discover a rank reason to do so, such as Lawn Mowing is dominated by Lead-gen companies, such as Angie's List and Service Magic, but they are leaving Lawn Maintenance alone, maybe, but then why not just shape your content to rank well for both?

If you were working for me, and brought forth this idea, I'd have to ask you to present your case with as much supporting detail as possible. Time-based hunches, such as splitting out content to two distinctly separate sites and waiting for Search to catch up, are still money-based hunches. Can your business afford to lose both?

If you'd like more specific input, based on your target service area and demographics, I'd be more than happy to weigh in. Just PM me the info.
Okay thank you very much. I'll try to Pm you later this evening, I really appreciate the offer.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am wanting to do 2 separate companies and service the same area. My current business providing full service landscape maintenance and the a separate outfit to do mowing, bush trimming and mulch at "budget friendly" pricing. I really think that would reach more customers. One focused on quality and one focused on bottom dollar
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Knox,

Yeah that's the exact angle I was considering. I think you could advertise to those different customers much easier that way.
Posted via Mobile Device