Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
That or he needs to start marketing himself better. Regardless of any area you live in, you need to make sure your finding the clients that appreciate your services and what you can do. It's a slower growth business plan, but the pay-off is when you have a list of clients that pay, pay well, and your profiting comfortably for the time,effort, and investment in what you do.

Even being in the middle to upper end of the pricing spectrum for us, sometimes I still wonder if we are charging enough to compensate for the time and effort we've put into all of this. It's not easy work at all.

As for the loader. With just me and one other guy, I mounted the loader to the tongue of my equipment trailer in order to still pull a mower and equipment with us when doing cleanups. That and I didn't have to deal with a swing away mount on the truck bed, along with a tailgate mount that I would have to use my mini skid to take it on and off when going to unload the truck. Ultimately the trailer isn't tied up either, I just take the hose and stack off the loader if the trailer will get used for other things besides leaves.

I thought abt mounting on trailer but wanna be able to diconnect trailer & back in a driveway to get to leaves instead of getting all the leaves to the truck & trailer. Or if I offer curbside pickup, I don't need to pull trailer around.
Posted via Mobile Device