Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

How much should I charge?

I am new to landscaping. I wanted to know what is the average price range for lawn mowing in the Cleveland Ohio area?

Can you pinpoint me some prices ranges for the different type of services you offer?
Old 11-23-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

$15 to $90
Old 11-23-2012, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't matter. Mowing is finished this year. Cost to do business next year is still a big ???? Once you figure your costs then you can compare them to the what your local economy will bear. I know your new here, but sometimes the best information is by reading and searching previous posts and topics. Nobody here can hand you answers to questions about YOUR business.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
$15 to $90
This is the answer
Old 11-23-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I get what you are saying. But I came on here for advice. I am assuming people on here have years of experience. I am just start out but only cut a few lawns in the past. I just wanted to get some clarity.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Doesn't matter. Mowing is finished this year. Cost to do business next year is still a big ???? Once you figure your costs then you can compare them to the what your local economy will bear. I know your new here, but sometimes the best information is by reading and searching previous posts and topics. Nobody here can hand you answers to questions about YOUR business.

I looked at the previous post but it is just so many of them to check so I decided to just post it.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyardLLC View Post
I get what you are saying. But I came on here for advice. I am assuming people on here have years of experience. I am just start out but only cut a few lawns in the past. I just wanted to get some clarity.
It's not that people on here don't have experience. Trust me they do!! It's a very broad question. I may charge 35 where somewhere else it might be $50.

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 11-23-2012, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyardLLC View Post
Telling us there's just too much to read so you'll just ask for the answers instead is a tough way to get an assist.

If you have no experience in this business, especially as it relates to overhead/bidding/profit, the best way to learn really is to read through the archives and then come up with questions for your clarity. You might be surprised at how often this topic is discussed. Trust me when I say that you, and your business start, will be much better for it.

Re: your specific question, what exactly is "Cleveland"? If my business targets Euclid, and yours targets Gates Mills, our overhead and fees will vary as wildly as those two markets, so the answer of $15-$90 is quite fitting.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Telling us there's just too much to read so you'll just ask for the answers instead is a tough way to get an assist.

If you have no experience in this business, especially as it relates to overhead/bidding/profit, the best way to learn really is to read through the archives and then come up with questions for your clarity. You might be surprised at how often this topic is discussed. Trust me when I say that you, and your business start, will be much better for it.

Re: your specific question, what exactly is "Cleveland"? If my business targets Euclid, and yours targets Gates Mills, our overhead and fees will vary as wildly as those two markets, so the answer of $15-$90 is quite fitting.

When I say Cleveland I means Cleveland Heights, University Heights, South Euclid, Lyndhurst,Maple Heights, Mayfield Heights. Those areas.

I was guess to charge $25