Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Opinions - Suing a animal hospital

I did a season of grass cutting for an animal hospital (VCA Hospital) and the manager (a real *****..sry) is now refusing to pay over $800 because she says I didn't do a part of the contract (which we did). Now I have to sue the hospital. I was wondering if anyone has any legal (not official) experience with suing an entity that is part of a larger entity (ie. McDonald's etc). I'm hoping it's as basic as suing the local hospital.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin
Old 11-23-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

a manger is another word for a nobody. Thats why she is such a nit wit. Go over her head and find who owns the business.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1000 View Post
I did a season of grass cutting for an animal hospital (VCA Hospital) and the manager (a real *****..sry) is now refusing to pay over $800 because she says I didn't do a part of the contract (which we did). Now I have to sue the hospital. I was wondering if anyone has any legal (not official) experience with suing an entity that is part of a larger entity (ie. McDonald's etc). I'm hoping it's as basic as suing the local hospital.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin
It doesnt make any difference if the VCA is part of a bigger entity. If it is a seperate entity, thats who the dispute would be with, who I assume is also named as the client in your contract. You dont really need to sue them at this point if you are dealing with the manager, send a letter to the manager, copy the person who is in charge or who owns the VCA. Letters go something like this
Dear............
I am writing in follow up to our recent conversation concerning my invoice number-----------in the sum of -------. I spoke to --------on -------who informed me the invoice would not be paid because of ---------------. The disputed services were in fact provided on the following dates--------. Based on the above I would expect the invoice to be paid with in ten business days. If payment is not received as requested you will leave me no alternative but to become adversaries with you organization. Naturally I never want to become an advesary with one of my clients, but if the amount due and owing is not paid, you will leave me with no alternative. Thankyou in advance for your anticipated cooperation in resolving the overdue payment.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure you have all the dates you were onsite and list of the jobs performed. Any documented complaints and what you did to fix...notes from meetings and any other documentation...and yes, go talk to owner or person up the food chain
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go on line and find out what your states lien laws are. Act promptly.