Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-25-2012, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Razorblades-

I believe you're getting way too defensive for no reason. I am not, and never did in this thread, compare the 7 Iron to your tunnel deck, nor have a criticized your deck. Just the opposite if you re-read my last post to you.

This thread is about the MF Z's and they have the same approx. BTS as my CUT's deck (very close), and very close to the same depth of deck and tunnel. I know what mine will do, and pretty much exactly what to expect then from the MF deck. That's my comparison in this thread. Another thing is that if the tunnel decks (of any make) were the best way to go, you can bet your last buck that every major manu would be switching over to them. There's a reason they're that deep deck over the entire cutting area of the deck.

Gee Ridin'....I can't believe you're using that kind of language on this forum! Must be the "leftover" turkey talkin'!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTE View Post
Any updates on these machines? Prices?
I seen some at Rural King with a diesel engine for like 10k.. While they looked ok i would definately buy a new Exmark or Turf Tiger first... They look well built besides the deck but just no where near a full blown big named commercial unit..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2012, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What guage is the mower deck? I thought I had read that they were 7 gauge.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
Gee Ridin'....I can't believe you're using that kind of language on this forum! Must be the "leftover" turkey talkin'!!!
I posted that back last April. Musta been too much left over Easter candy affecting me Stan.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Weaver

Can you elaborate on the build? With the exception of the mower deck. I had heard that it was basically a kubota with a few twists in it. I too would be curious in the construction of the mower deck. I have never seen one in person and all the massey dealers around me do not even know the machine exists.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green King View Post
Weaver

Can you elaborate on the build? With the exception of the mower deck. I had heard that it was basically a kubota with a few twists in it. I too would be curious in the construction of the mower deck. I have never seen one in person and all the massey dealers around me do not even know the machine exists.
First this thing is huge, the one I saw was the 3 cylinder diesel. I mean it looks way bigger than a lot of 60 in commercial zero turns. As far as looking like Kubotas zero turn, yes they look like the older ones without the pro decks. The decks are stamped steel decks not like the heavy duty welded ones on most commercial mowers. They have pumps & wheel motors. As far as quality I guess it looked good but cant figure out why Rural king is selling them. I mean everything they sell is low end homeowner stuff . Like I said there is no way I would pay 10k for it . I would just buy a new Ex or Scag TT..
Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.masseyferguson.us/product...ercial-mowers/

Here is there website...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They are selling for 10k? is that for a 72" which engine? I am currious because a diesel exmark or scag around here is $15+ from what I have been told. Heck the gas units cost more than that here.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green King View Post
They are selling for 10k? is that for a 72" which engine? I am currious because a diesel exmark or scag around here is $15+ from what I have been told. Heck the gas units cost more than that here.
It was a 60 in 3 cylinder diesel
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes you're right about the diesel Ex or scag running around 15k. I was referring to a 27 kohler 60 in cut. TT about 10k the Ex about the same maybe a little more. The Exs have really went up in the last year around here..