Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
what kind of pressure you have there?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure of the pressure there, this man takes care of his own lawn and sprinkler system. He was having trouble with a few heads not going back down completely once the watering was done, he clipped a few pop ups off in the past because he couldn't see them in time when mowing. He has that problem no more. :-)
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
Not sure of the pressure there, this man takes care of his own lawn and sprinkler system. He was having trouble with a few heads not going back down completely once the watering was done, he clipped a few pop ups off in the past because he couldn't see them in time when mowing. He has that problem no more. :-)
SB made the heads retract fully? The water gods must be pleased!
keep up the good work SB Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
SB made the heads retract fully? The water gods must be pleased!
keep up the good work SB Posted via Mobile Device
SB doesn't make heads retract fully, they just make those heads that don't retract fully visible. Now one can tap them down before mowing over them and possibly cutting them off. The water gods are very pleased!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Are you a vendor with any of the wholesale supply outfits?

Ewing, Longhorn and JDL each cover a wide area of the nation, what's their take of the SB?

You might have some luck with REMOTE PIGTAILS, i think he's selling the string trimmer attachment for heads.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

With those companies catering to mostly pros and not homeowners, I don't see it being a beneficial move to try and get it in those outlets at this time. Being that I would be relying on the pros to tell their customers about the SB. When the time is right, they'll be contacting me.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
With those companies catering to mostly pros and not homeowners, I don't see it being a beneficial move to try and get it in those outlets at this time. Being that I would be relying on the pros to tell their customers about the SB. When the time is right, they'll be contacting me.
You're DFWrong there SB. There is huge home owner traffic at Ewing, don't know abou Longhorn but JDL has a lot of HO traffic too. And lets face it SB, its a little early in the game to get arrogant. You have a long way to go to become a contender.

BoLSB
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

"You have a long way to go to become a contender."

That is true and those big companies aren't going to give a little guy like me, a single product company, the time of day until I make the SB known and can show sales on a much larger scale.

Here in FL, JDL is more for professionals, don't know much about Ewing other than they have a great reputation online.

I wasn't being arrogant when I said,"When the time is right". Just the opposite, no one knows who I am yet but I'm working on that.

You can't just call these big companies and get to the decision makers, believe me, I have tried. Your lucky to get past the receptionist if your a nobody like myself.

Without question my product is a major "contender" when compared to its competition found on the market today. That doesn't add up to a hill of beans though in the big scope of things. No one knows my product exist for the most part. Arrogant I am not, Determined I am Absolutely!

If you think you can work me into any of those companies, do your magic, I'll cut you in on the deal. Must be brick and mortar stores, I have the internet side covered already.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

That is true and those big companies aren't going to give a little guy like me, a single product company, the time of day until I make the SB known and can show sales on a much larger scale.

Here in FL, JDL is more for professionals, don't know much about Ewing other than they have a great reputation online.

I wasn't being arrogant when I said,"When the time is right". Just the opposite, no one knows who I am yet but I'm working on that.

You can't just call these big companies and get to the decision makers, believe me, I have tried. Your lucky to get past the receptionist if your a nobody like myself.

Without question my product is a major "contender" when compared to its competition found on the market today. That doesn't add up to a hill of beans though in the big scope of things. No one knows my product exist for the most part. Arrogant I am not, Determined I am Absolutely!

If you think you can work me into any of those companies, do your magic, I'll cut you in on the deal. Must be brick and mortar stores, I have the internet side covered already.
If your product is all you claim it to be, it will sell it'self.

The branch managers have quite a bit of latitude when it comes to display items and product information. Talk to the guys at the local branches
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by 1idejim; 11-25-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

That is not true, every time I walk into our local irrigation supply house they have some products on the floor that are from one product companies.

I do not buy from Ewing, JDL, or Longhorn generally, but I do grab a few odds and ends from them. They usually have a few products out also. You might start at the local supplies and ask if you can set up a small station. You might be surprised at how willing they are. If they can pull in a few extra $$$ they will do it.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish it was as easy as you all make it sound.

What are some of the products you guys have seen in these places that are from single product companies. I could research the products and contact them to see how they had gotten their product on the shelf.
Closed Thread