Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Started college, wen to a 4 year school to be an agronomist. Decided I didn't want to end up being a rep for Monsanto. Ended up taking a bunch of plant biology, chemistry, and other pre-reqs while I was there.

Not knowing what I wanted to do, I dropped out and went to a local JC to get my associates in Art appreciation. The courses were easy and it was going to get my pre-reqs out of the way if I decided to go back. Little did I know how much art-appreciation was going to help me in the future with my biz.

Tooled around for a few years working odd jobs, decided to start back up and finish my degree. After one semester I decided I was going to start my own landscaping biz. At that point I also realized that I didn't want to go into severe debt to start my own business.

Dropped out again and went and took the Master Gardner's course. Best decision I ever made.

Now, do I want to finish my degree. I sure do out of principal, but it's not a priority.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.