Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Is there a schedualing software that will import into QB. I would like it all in one package but QB is hard to beat.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Is there a schedualing software that will import into QB. I would like it all in one package but QB is hard to beat.
I know there's a couple that link with QB, QXpress and Clip do the routing, scheduling, etc... I personally haven't used either so I can confirm how well they work...
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Most of the software designed for this business will import into qb.
I use clip and have for many years. Many other programs out there which guys on here swear by.
One of the newest is jobber...they have an ad on here.
I suggest trying a few and doing a search on here to see what others have said.
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I use jobber that links to quickbooks. jobber has a 30 day full version trial offer and that can be extended if your still on the fence. I love it and do enjoy the company. Ive had it since this spring and they keep adding to it and making it better and better. You can even access it from your phone which is nice and write up estimates off your cell or tablet and email it to the customer while your standing there talking to them, I love it.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

hey thanks for the feedback, i just got off the phone from quickbooks. he says i need to find a software for scheduling to go along with it..does quickbooks not allow you to have a schedule for services? like a calendar? i would like to have something where i can print out a schedule everyday for my guys that work on different jobs.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
I use jobber that links to quickbooks. jobber has a 30 day full version trial offer and that can be extended if your still on the fence. I love it and do enjoy the company. Ive had it since this spring and they keep adding to it and making it better and better. You can even access it from your phone which is nice and write up estimates off your cell or tablet and email it to the customer while your standing there talking to them, I love it.
i posted my next question at the same time..i will check out jobber
Old 11-26-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCain View Post
i posted my next question at the same time..i will check out jobber
ya you can have each crew leaders name in the system and can assign jobs to each crew. Its a very visual program and its not technical. You can put appointment times in and then for that crew leader is will arrange the schedule automatically and then will print out a map with the schedule from google with all the stops on the map. With the schedule it will give the addresses and everything when you print it. Not if your crew leader had a smart phone after he has done the job he gets on jobber and checks off the job as complete and if you set up the job with the price and everything from the estimate then all you have to do is hit "invoice" and it pops up with everything thing that was put in from the job you created so all you have to do is hit "create", then "email to client (if they have email or you can print it", then hit "publish to quickbooks" and it will be update in quickbooks for that client and will even create a new client for you. Thats it. Now when you do a estimate with jobber all you have to do is hit create job from it and it will fill out job based off the estimate. So to go from estimate, to job, to invoice, to emailing it, to recording it is just clicking the button to pass the information along. It will also send batch emails with separate invoices if you have several properties with one owner.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

oh also if you do the same properties every week for mowing and nothing changes it will set the future appointments up for you can will remind you for billing at the end of the month with it already filled out based on the schedule you had it set up. So then all you have to do is it hit (email to client), and (publish to quickbooks) for each client for billing and recording. You can also keep tract of chemical treatments with it. If you keep jobber current everyday then your monthly billing for a 100 customers will take less than a hr to bill and record.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How about something that will merge with QB that isn't web based. I like the idea of buying and no monthly fees.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
oh also if you do the same properties every week for mowing and nothing changes it will set the future appointments up for you can will remind you for billing at the end of the month with it already filled out based on the schedule you had it set up. So then all you have to do is it hit (email to client), and (publish to quickbooks) for each client for billing and recording. You can also keep tract of chemical treatments with it. If you keep jobber current everyday then your monthly billing for a 100 customers will take less than a hr to bill and record.
hey man thanks so much for the info, i am gonna go with that software I think. is their customer support pretty good too?