Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some before shots of the side & backyard of that property with the Amy Klobuchar and Nobongo signs.

Final clean up of the year!

Best part is that it was 65 degrees and I was wearing a tshirt & shorts on Nov 20.

Decided to take a pic of my truck today.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One more thing with Laramie, the peaks in the background, you can see from the city. The peaks are wayyyy out in the distance and are about 60 miles away. It's really cool to see them up close like that. When my bro graduates (depending on how many more classes he takes, either June or Sept) we'll go back out to those peaks and walk on some of the trails.

Before, During, & After pics of patio removal & patio w/ retaining wall & stairs that I helped a buddy (in the vid I posted of the water, we go to school together) that started a company and we split the profit. This was a project and a headache as both of us' first retaining wall w/ stairs and first time using this paver stone (cobblestone).

Before. The house is sinking somewhat (6 years old) and took the patio & stairs with it. I don't have anything up close with the drop off in those but it was bad.

Extremely narrow roads.

Stairs deconstruction

No equipment access what so ever! It sucked! My buddy and I moved 3 yards of wet class 5 up a slippery hill via wheel barrow in the rain and made ruts in the lawn, with a wheel barrow....
We ended up finding a couple high school kids that were off school to move material for us, 2 more yards of class 5, 1 yard of sand, & 2 yards of St. Cloud Granite rock for the new rock bed we had created.

Stair's just about complete

The rest are all night shots as we worked until 845 on a Friday night to finish this up.

H/O wanted to keep the remaining rolls of sod.

For those that follow motocross, 16 yr old Jantz Grodzicki from CA crashed very hard on Friday afternoon at the Winter Olympics at Gatorback MX in Gainesville, FL and severed his spine & dislocated his shoulder, nearly deceased he was airlifted to a hospital where he was on life support and he was found to have active nerves in his eyes only and he could barely survive, until today at 12:56pm Eastern time where he passed peacefully. I cannot imagine what his family is going through and can't fathom how scary the crash was. I think it was on one of the downhill triples or step down and he had gone over the bars and tried to bail but his legs got caught in the handlebars. I did not know him but the entire sport is a big family basically and is certainly mourning the loss whether you knew him or not.
http://www.facebook.com/prayforjantz
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Last edited by JContracting; 11-26-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That some awesome work you got there...You gonna get a vantage next year?

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't fully decided yet. Part of me wants just a TTHP 52 or 48 so I have the floating deck for mowing & my dethatch rake mounted on it for spring & then buy a Walker GHS before fall or in spring if things go really good. Or a Lazer Z and have the Exmark bagger system & everything all in one.

Ideally I'd like to have Vantages for mowing and dethatching (in spring) with the Walkers tailing behind to bag the grass from dethatching in spring & leaves in the fall while the Vantages are stored because I'm not really a fan of trac vac's, more hassle than they're worth IMO with my experiences with them.

Bought a plow tonight!!!!!!!!

2001 Boss 8' Straight Blade
Plow, mounts, & wiring (the guy sold it for his friend who moved to texas and it was on a 2001 Chevy HD, so the mounts will wire right in). He didn't have the controller for it but he was going to contact the owner and have him ship it up, he's an older guy, genuine and will [hopefully] carry through with his word.
My Grandpa is gonna help me install it tmrw after class and we have snow in the forecast for snow this weekend, no one is really sure what day but we should have something significant. Hopefully this will be a big year, as all my accounts are per push &/or t&m contracts, more snow = more money! I'll never do a monthly price for snow unless a great opportunity presents itself, ie. a cap for amt of accumulation and then hourly or w/e.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The last clean up of the year! Did it on Monday in a sweatshirt & shorts! It was probably 55 degrees, much better than the 25 & windy now. But there was just the area at the base of their hill where the trampoline sat since Sept and there were some leaves underneath and the grass was kinda tall, bagged up everything and decided to leave a good impression so when the renewal letter arrives in their inbox in March they'll remember how good my work is.

Sideyard
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good, looks like you have room for 61" rider, I would put that on the list on things for next year unless most of your accounts won't allow for it. then keep the walk behinds i guess. have fun plowing, no snow in our forecast that i know of still pretty warm here. 10 day forecast says 40's and 50's for the next 10 days, it gets to below freezing at night but during the day its warm as heck, so no complaints on my side really, i just sent out my invoices from the storm we got on 11/8, well most of them anyways a few get hand delivered.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. Most of my properties are smaller (except one of my commercials) big as the one pictured above. The 48" seems to be a good all around fit. And on heavily irrigated lawns, ztrs seem to make ruts, even when the turf isnt wet. And that trailer the plow is on is my Grandpa's skid trailer. My mower trailer unfortunately is only 6x10 but ill be buying a new one next year. I'd love to throw some ramps on it or a mesh gate and use It but he uses it. Plus an enclosed would be easier for storing all my maint stuff.

That's what we've had for weather, pretty warm with some cold days here and there. Now it'll be cold for the winter. No one really knows what this system will do for snow accumulations nor can anyone accurately forecast for when it'll happen. Should be interesting.

We had one event on thanksgiving night, some snow, not enough to push thankfully because I was in WY. But one comm. prop had to be salted and I sent the bill for that a couple days ago and just got it returned to my box @ the ups store, I messed up typing in the address for the client on quickbooks. First time I've done that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by JContracting; 12-06-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

That yard looks real good man.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto on the yard!!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments a lot.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old