Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Can't seem to find any info on how to remove the flywheel on this unit. Anyone have any info?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=jud149;4576978]Can't seem to find any info on how to remove the flywheel on this unit. Anyone have any info?[/QUOTE
That is more an art rather than science. I have a puller that i use and a big hammer. Some just won't come off that way. I take it to the dealer shop with it apart and ask them to do it and slip them $5 for 2 minutes of work. They leave the nut on so when they hit it with a hammer it won't damage the threads while using a screwdriver to pry up on it from opposite site. I am sure someone else can describe this better.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you checked to see if you might have an intake leak? I had a shop put a new carb on a trimmer one time and it did what you are describing - started and idled fine, but would not rev up. Turned out they had not tightened up the carb to the cylinder well (actually left a nut off), so it had an air leak. I tightenet things back up and it ran fine.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyd351 View Post
Have you checked to see if you might have an intake leak? I had a shop put a new carb on a trimmer one time and it did what you are describing - started and idled fine, but would not rev up. Turned out they had not tightened up the carb to the cylinder well (actually left a nut off), so it had an air leak. I tightenet things back up and it ran fine.
Thanks for the input. All seams tight with no intake leaks. I've done about all the tests I know of including pressure and vacuum for crank seals and compression. All ok. I've installed new carb, fuel lines, carb gaskets, filters and new plug all to no avail. I'm waiting to talk to Zama again regarding the low carb adj. I know where it is but can't find a screw to turn. If that's not it, I must be overlooking something as I don't know what else to check except coil but spark is good.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Finally gave up and took it to a shop. The only thing I hadn't tested was the coil as I didn't know how to do so. As it turns out, that's the problem. The timing is fouled up. Echo warranties them for life so I pay just installation, $37.50. Thanks for all the help.