Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Seeking Commercial Landscape Maintenance Sales tips from professionals

Hi everyone! I am a full service landscape contractor, and have been in business for 15 years. My business percentages are 80% design and installation, and 20% landscape maintenance. We are really good a maintenance, but I have always been a bit more passionate about the installations. I have decided that I would like to reach out to the commercial landscape maintenance industry and begin a sales campaign to up crews and total annual sales. I have hired an account supervisor to help with sales, oversee the crews, and maintain our client relationships. I am very knowledgeable in the industry, bid everything by square footage, have the proper equip and insurance and manpower, and I also have a very professional contract. I just wanted to ask for some sales tips to grow in this arena as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Sales Tips for Landscaping and Lawn Maintenance

I know this is insane....but most of my advertising comes from THE PHONE BOOK! Again...I know....ridiculous! However, I do stay pretty busy with this method. I have a really nice website that the book directs the client to. Please give me advertising ideas that are the most successful for you. Also...what are your views on presenting in district home shows? I don't usually see a ton of results from those. How about Search Engine Optimization? Highly considering this......to insure that I am on the first page of Google in my area. Also.....any tips to gain clients and jobs in the winter???? Thank you in advance!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

With 15 years experience, one would think you had all the bases covered. I can't be of any real help. It sounds like you already know what path to take. There's a very few on here that have that many years in the business so you'll be hard pressed to get any solid answers. Mostly young guns trying to "sound" impressive, yet they make posts asking what trimmer to buy.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I never want to stop learning new ideas and new marketing techniques.....maybe that is how I have gained success. I have always been open minded to others, and their ideas. I am NOT a know it all. We live in a changing world, so I am always scanning for something new. Again......If you will notice......I am just now beginning to develop a commercial maintenance program. I am more of an installer.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lots of SEO work to get your name to the top. Get your sales guy out there to knock on doors of property management companies. Become members of different associations that management companies attend.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Great advice man! Thank you! I am working with and SEO company at this moment.