Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

what kind of sthil dealer dosnt stock the br600?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
what kind of sthil dealer dosnt stock the br600?
1 out of the 3 local ones to me anyway. one shop is closed on Mondays, the other one had 3 but some guy bought all of them over the weekend so they didn't have any when I needed it.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
They need to discontinue that sorry thing or at least sell it for the original MSRP of $400.
Why discontinue the BR500? It has all the same parts as the BR600, and more, so there is no reason it should cost less. I don't need a blower strong enough to push cars down the road, and I like being able to use my backpack without hearing protection, and not suffering permanent hearing damage.

If it isn't what you want, don't buy it.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The BR500 has about 40% less power than the BR600. That's a pretty high performance price to pay just to be quieter. If quiet is important to you then I can respect that, but personally I don't think I could make that sacrifice in performance unless it was mandated by noise regulations....i.e. I had to.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
The BR500 has about 40% less power than the BR600. That's a pretty high performance price to pay just to be quieter. If quiet is important to you then I can respect that, but personally I don't think I could make that sacrifice in performance unless it was mandated by noise regulations....i.e. I had to.
I agree with Darryl.

Besides, how much more quiet a blower than the BR600 does anyone really need? That's why I keep mine around- for places my 570 might be just a bit too loud.

Just because a blower doesn't hurt your ears doesn't mean it's not doing permanent damage to them. Some sounds that cause damage to your hearing you simply can't hear because they are out of our range.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I agree with Darryl.

Besides, how much more quiet a blower than the BR600 does anyone really need? That's why I keep mine around- for places my 570 might be just a bit too loud.

Just because a blower doesn't hurt your ears doesn't mean it's not doing permanent damage to them. Some sounds that cause damage to your hearing you simply can't hear because they are out of our range.
That's why on any power equipment for any amount of time I have my head set or ear plugs in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
That's why on any power equipment for any amount of time I have my head set or ear plugs in.
Posted via Mobile Device
What? Speak up please!

I actually have some hearing damage in my left ear from my days working with drilling rigs...140 pound hammer slamming on a steel collar over and over and over, literally thousands of times a day.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the low noise 500 must be for the california market. the 600 is allready pretty quiet