Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloneyLandscaping View Post
This is my 3rd season with the 11hp. It is an LCT engine which is a knockoff of a honda. It suits my needs and sure beats tarps. It does clog a little from time to time but it is very efficient and works for the small operation I have. I got a good deal on it and it was paid for within a few cleanups. I would love to upgrade to a 16hp little wonder some day but for know it does the job and makes the $$
Boy I tell ya, my 18HP is a monster, bout sucks my pants right off and doesn't clog at all. Whew!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloneyLandscaping View Post
This is my 3rd season with the 11hp. It is an LCT engine which is a knockoff of a honda. It suits my needs and sure beats tarps. It does clog a little from time to time but it is very efficient and works for the small operation I have. I got a good deal on it and it was paid for within a few cleanups. I would love to upgrade to a 16hp little wonder some day but for know it does the job and makes the $$
Maloney. I have an 11hp Billy Goat leaf vacuum. When I first got it I use to clog it from time to time. I have found the easiest way to prevent clogs is to rake into it. I stretch my hose out as far and as straight as possible. I then take a rake and just keep feeding it leaves. I NEVER EVER get clogs anymore. When I use to take the head and vacuum the leafs I would occassionally suck up sticks. The sticks would get caught sideways in the tube and cause the clog. I find raking the leaves into the head of the hose takes a little bit longer (not much). Now when I see a stick as I'm raking I toss it into the bed of the truck. I certainly feel it's less fatiguing doing it my way. I think with the bigger models the clogs aren't really an issue like pressdun said.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

C 4500 Fall Clean Up Box

C4500 Fall Clean Up Box..
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsground View Post
This is my first year out on my own, but i know guys with this set up and no the pipe doesnt get clogged, its smooth on the inside. And as far as the loader being on the front of the truck - in NH its legal.
Are you sure about that? I bought my first loader this season and called the DOT to ask about front mounting it. I also live in NH and the DOT and I followed up with the Dept. of Safety and both places said other than a plow, nothing can be mounted on the front of the vehicle. That would suck to find that out halfway through the fall and have to redesign everything. Looks good though, wish I could have done it!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmybackpack View Post
Are you sure about that? I bought my first loader this season and called the DOT to ask about front mounting it. I also live in NH and the DOT and I followed up with the Dept. of Safety and both places said other than a plow, nothing can be mounted on the front of the vehicle. That would suck to find that out halfway through the fall and have to redesign everything. Looks good though, wish I could have done it!
Well if it is illegal guess they better start stopping company's then! I passed DOT today and nothing happened.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsground View Post
Well if it is illegal guess they better start stopping company's then! I passed DOT today and nothing happened.
Posted via Mobile Device
We've had ours Front mounted since 1997. Never once have we been stoped for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
What about cranes, sewer/jetter trucks, well drilling rigs, front discharge mixers etc.? If it were illegal to have anything on the front of a truck other than a plow did these companies miss the memo?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Should have specified that I was only refering to passenger trucks like I run (1 tons). All the vehicles you just listed are in a different class. I'm just sharing what the state told me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Should have specified that I was only refering to passenger trucks like I run (1 tons). All the vehicles you just listed are in a different class. I'm just sharing what the state told me.
Posted via Mobile Device
One tons are not considered "passenger vehicles." If you asked DOT then they are going by FMCA guidelines which apply to ALL CMV's, which would include your one tons.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

For christ sake ******. I was just relaying what I was told so he wouldnt get sited. F'n relax superstar
Posted via Mobile Device