Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

new commercial toro 30

so now there is a commercial version. of the timemaster 30 mower.
maybe we will have more blade selection with hi lift. i have worked mine hard this past season. but it just doesnt cut worth a crap.
it is smoking on startup and not pulling hills that great after several adjustments. . hopefully it will make it thru next season.

Last edited by bucko; 11-28-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What's the point of this post? There are a bunch of threads about these mowers. Do you have problems you need help with on the mower?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

you should have studied the drive system before you bought it. personal pace varies the speed by slipping the belt. thats why it wont pull up hill
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't normally spell things out anymore because inevitably I am only breeding my next competitor but I am just tired of seeing it...

Folks, if you are thinking stay small it isn't in the mower department this needs to happen, by staying small we speak of customers and the amount of work we take on (as in don't bite off more than you can chew) but by all means please stop dumbing yourself down in the lawn mower department.

Ztr's aren't the answer either, why every newcomer thinks they need a Ztr, it is only my guess they see these machines on the back of everyone's trailer but let me clue you in... The Ztr is the Beamer of lawn mowers, you only buy one of these when you got more money than sense, or so many dang years in the business you are tired of busting your butt every day and you can afford it so you feel like sitting on your lazy ass, fine...

But for everyone else...

In my opinion when it comes to mowers you need the biggest and baddest money can buy and in that sense it needs to be cost efficient, you need to get bang for the buck so if a 30" piece of Home Depot crap is all you have money for then you might as well get a $300 21" Honda or thereabouts and save, save, save until you have 4 or 5 thousand dollars to buy yourself a decent 44" to 48" Walk Behind from a commercial dealer.

Otherwise you will simply spin your wheels, wasting time and effort getting nowhere.
That, or save the right amount of money to begin with.

Now then...
If that there timewaster has a cvt transmission you might try a kevlar-band belt, that just might fix it good.
Beyond that it's agricultural belts, they get pricey and if they're getting worn they may need replacing often.

Last edited by herler; 11-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the time master DOSNT have a variable speed trans. it slips the belt to vary the ground speed. hopefully toro will provide a real trans with the comm model.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

bad headgasket

just got back from dealer. aparently a headgasket bolt was not torqued properly.. no smoke now . it does sound better. i use this primarily for a huge church property that i do to save money for them. turned into a big hassle for me trying to help save them money. oh well
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Folks, if you are thinking stay small it isn't in the mower department this needs to happen, by staying small we speak of customers and the amount of work we take on (as in don't bite off more than you can chew) but by all means please stop dumbing yourself down in the lawn mower department.

Ztr's aren't the answer either, why every newcomer thinks they need a Ztr, it is only my guess they see these machines on the back of everyone's trailer but let me clue you in... The Ztr is the Beamer of lawn mowers, you only buy one of these when you got more money than sense, or so many dang years in the business you are tired of busting your butt every day and you can afford it so you feel like sitting on your lazy ass, fine...

But for everyone else...

In my opinion when it comes to mowers you need the biggest and baddest money can buy and in that sense it needs to be cost efficient, you need to get bang for the buck so if a 30" piece of Home Depot crap is all you have money for then you might as well get a $300 21" Honda or thereabouts and save, save, save until you have 4 or 5 thousand dollars to buy yourself a decent 44" to 48" Walk Behind from a commercial dealer.
I started out my business by buying a shiny new ztr and only had a handful of customers. Heck, I didn't have any the day I brought it home! I use to see guys riding around on ztr's and always wanted to ride one around. Now I bust my azz so much that I NEED the "sit down" time on the mower.

If your opinion is to get the biggest and baddest money can buy, then why settle for a 44-48" walk behind? Makes no sense, kinda like a lot of your posts.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I don't normally spell things out anymore because inevitably I am only breeding my next competitor but I am just tired of seeing it...

But for everyone else...

Otherwise you will simply spin your wheels, wasting time and effort getting nowhere.

Now then...
If that there timewaster has a cvt transmission you might try a kevlar-band belt, that just might fix it good.
Beyond that it's agricultural belts, they get pricey and if they're getting worn they may need replacing often.
Huh...??? Topsite I think I know a few people that may disagree with you in respect to this statement...................
Old 12-01-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

But for everyone else...

Now then...
Huh...??? Topsite I know a few people that might disagree with you in respect to this statement.....
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

But for everyone else...

Now then...
Over 900 posts in 7 months. Tell me again how busy you are.

Then contradict yourself in another post saying you turn down work in the summer so you can do it in the winter and have more time to work on equipment.