Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

have always had john deere ag and construction equipment. reliable, good service and good resale.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Remember that any tractor we purchase will need repair parts sooner or later (usually sooner). Any tractor purchased needs to have a decent support channel. Purchase a Deere, Massey or Kubota (and perhaps a couple of other brands) and one can get anything. Individual screws, washers, etc. are all listed in their parts manual and are immediately available. This support is really part of the purchase price.

Nothing is worse than having your equipment down because of some %$#@ part that nobody seems to be able to find.

Lou Braun
Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Greyst1,

Just to let you know Mahindra is the largest producer of tractors in the world. They are made in India, but so was my John Deere. I'm sure they didn't get that big by making junk.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 2615 about 8-10 years ago it now has 780 hard hrs on it. The only problem i have had with it is the glow plug relay, and it runs hot with a 60inch bushogg(which i feel is the dealers fault i asked if it was too big when i bought it he said it would be fine). I would buy another one in a heartbeat if there was a good dealer that sold them ,but that a whole different story.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

get a john deere 3320. if you can afford it get one with a cab. I bought mine this year with the hydro transmission, landscape rake and new bucket for 16,000 with 100 hours on it barely broken in!! 33 hp is pleanty and i run out of traction way before i loose power. I can run at 1900 rpms and not loose power.

Love it, have put 110 hours on it this year and it has paid for itself just this year alone! cant wait to be all profit with the damn thing next year

Insured and Licensed