Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
I personally feel like I winterized our systems too early we shut everything down mid October because one it was wet and 2 it was very cold but now here we are in November and it's not rained any the whole month and we're in the 60° range.
I've done that as well, especially if I knew we had installs.It came back to bite me when October moderated.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have been trying to shut down for a couple weeks now, but we keep getting 1-2 blow out calls every 1-3 days. Most don't have us do it, because I'm tacking on an additional $10-$15, as we cannot group jobs well at this time. Last week, I had one of my guys do one at the far south end of town, then run up approximately 28 miles to the far north end, for two others, and that was it for the day. I might turn on the system at my bank on Monday. RP is fairly protected.

It is so damn dry and warm here. Might be the driest November on record. Fire danger is high, every CO river basin is at less than 50% of average, ski resorts are delaying opening or have limited runs available. Fire near Estes Park in Rocky Mtn Nat Park flared up - it started in early October!! Been smoldering for weeks. Estes park Fire I wish you left coasters would send your rain and snow here.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
We have been trying to shut down for a couple weeks now, but we keep getting 1-2 blow out calls every 1-3 days. Most don't have us do it, because I'm tacking on an additional $10-$15, as we cannot group jobs well at this time. Last week, I had one of my guys do one at the far south end of town, then run up approximately 28 miles to the far north end, for two others, and that was it for the day. I might turn on the system at my bank on Monday. RP is fairly protected.

It is so damn dry and warm here. Might be the driest November on record. Fire danger is high, every CO river basin is at less than 50% of average, ski resorts are delaying opening or have limited runs available. Fire near Estes Park in Rocky Mtn Nat Park flared up - it started in early October!! Been smoldering for weeks. Estes park Fire I wish you left coasters would send your rain and snow here.
We in Jefferson wish yov the best of luck Dana. I doubt that we will be sending too much rain though.

I do wish we could send it somewhere due to the errosion damage it will cause.

High winds are keeping my lineman buddies busy and one that we call the "ball of fire" told me that he jvst told his crews that they would be working 32 hrs on and 8 hrs off until all power is on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post

after 11/1 Im $100. If ya dont want to pay that much then I dont want to do it.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
after 11/1 Im $100. If ya dont want to pay that much then I dont want to do it.
I usually raise rates after 11/15, this year it was after Thanksgiving.
Yup, I'd rather not do it at all, than to make little or no money.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm doing a bunch of them later than usual, as people had weeks without power after Sandy.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I'm doing a bunch of them later than usual, as people had weeks without power after Sandy.
What happened to your inverter and roofing compressor Shoes?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Always have a truckmount dinky at the ready. Just need customers to be at the home and some power to run the controllers.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Always have a truckmount dinky at the ready. Just need customers to be at the home and some power to run the controllers.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
yada yada yada ~ any system fed from a conventional basement 5/8 water meter is easily blown out by a smaller compressor. In fact, one customer who disappeared, came back from working on his house at the shore with a couple of pancake compressors, and used them to winterize his system.