Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Completely a no,no! Men hold it until they get to a bathroom. Now a woods, that's different.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, I didn't realize how many guys think this is a professional sin.

I run a pretty tight ship, in terms of being professional. But that doesn't mean I don't have my favorite outdoor pee spots tucked away all over the city of Louisville!! When you gotta go... you gotta go.... and find a dense row of Arbs up agains a retaining wall! Lol

Definitely guilty of this, on almost a daily basis.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cameras are everywhere. Who wants to be first on Americas Dumbest or Caught on Video.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Cameras are everywhere. Who wants to be first on Americas Dumbest or Caught on Video.
Posted via Mobile Device
Seeing them more and more these days. The neighbor to one of our properties just had one installed I noticed this week. Not a big issue as we are metro enough there is generally not a big need unless it is a emergency at which point I will find a taller viburnum etc and pull out my felcos and act like I am doing a little trimming from the back side of the shrub. I have had to a couple times because I simply was not going to make it and I am not pissing on myself.

The camera thing catches my attention - I simply do not get them, I mean you live in a a gated/guarded community already, have a alarm system , and now camera security system.....what gives...you that scared?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

well besides being unprofessional I just always try to live with the mind set that there is ALWAYS someone watching.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
Man, I didn't realize how many guys think this is a professional sin.

I run a pretty tight ship, in terms of being professional. But that doesn't mean I don't have my favorite outdoor pee spots tucked away all over the city of Louisville!! When you gotta go... you gotta go.... and find a dense row of Arbs up agains a retaining wall! Lol

Definitely guilty of this, on almost a daily basis.
Glad to know I'm not the only one! LOL!

" Sure you can have a drink, but that's not Gatorade."

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, this thread brings back memories of a discussion on this topic about 10 or 12 years ago. Anyone remember the classic thread, "Banos in the bushes" ?
It went on for months and had hundreds of replys. Maybe one of the topics with the most replys ever.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I've gone 16 hrs without peeing and thats killing a case of water bottles with 2 guys. Dad used to have a theory that if you have to pee you're not working hard enough
Posted via Mobile Device
I used to have the same theory, until one night in basic training when I woke up and my testicles were swollen, wash was litterly the size of a base ball, the pain was so bad I couldn't move. The only thing funny about it was when I screamed in pain one of the guys went and got the drill sgt on. When he came in the room and saw my junk, all he could say was "holy ****" and called an ambulance. Turns out I got a massive infection which developed into epididymitis, the infection was caused by not urinating enough. I finally started listening to the drills when they would say if your not peeing your not drinking. Since then I have had a few other medical problems from dehydration. Now, you will very rearly see me without a bottle of water within each.

Too add about peeing in a customers yard. For me it's not worth it. I have a buddy who pulled over on the side of the highway on his bike when on a ride with a bunch of guys. He went into the woods out of sight to pee, when he came out a statie was parked behind them and asked what he was doing in the woods. He told the statie what he did and that he was sure to be out of sight. Statie said it didn't matter, cuffed him, out him in the back of the car and then he spent the next few years on the sex offender list.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

guess in my opinion there is only one place number 1 and number 2 should be done and that's in a toilet in the bathroom.

it's ridiculous that guys will go to the extent of peeing in a public place just to safe money and time from stopping at a restroom. we are grown men, we are talking about 1 or 2 stops in an 8-10 hour work day. if your going more than that or can't hold your bladder that long then go see a doctor.

I even pull an enclosed trailer where I would never have to stop but I only use the enclosed in a real emergency.

guess I'm weird that money doesn't mean so much to me that I'm willing to pee in clients bushes just to save a few bucks.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
well besides being unprofessional I just always try to live with the mind set that there is ALWAYS someone watching.
Well said! I share the same philosophy.
Closed Thread