Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

wish they made a tracked machine to work well in snow!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I really fail to see the huge advantage that Kubota provides. BC has been running these engines for sometime, compared to their other previous options its certainly a step up (Puegot, Duetz). BC machines have never been overpowered with Kubota, always showing below everyone but CAT in torque. However the Kubota engines in the D series CATs show some impressive numbers. If your buying a BC for the Kubota engine I think your missing something. I am not saying its not a decent engine, it is but Doosan will more than match the Kubota.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I really fail to see the huge advantage that Kubota provides. BC has been running these engines for sometime, compared to their other previous options its certainly a step up (Puegot, Duetz). BC machines have never been overpowered with Kubota, always showing below everyone but CAT in torque. However the Kubota engines in the D series CATs show some impressive numbers. If your buying a BC for the Kubota engine I think your missing something. I am not saying its not a decent engine, it is but Doosan will more than match the Kubota.
I don't really think that there's a real tangible benefit to the Kubota engine other than the fact that it has very good brand equity which helps the value of the machine. This is a result of them being a very reliable, long running engine.

There are many other engines out there Shane like you mention that would do the job just fine. I'm not sure which engine Doosan will put in the Bobcat now, but it may be the Daedong engine that they've been running in the Kioti tractors. In the long run, the new engine's reliability, or lack thereof will have to be proven.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
I don't really think that there's a real tangible benefit to the Kubota engine other than the fact that it has very good brand equity which helps the value of the machine. This is a result of them being a very reliable, long running engine.

There are many other engines out there Shane like you mention that would do the job just fine. I'm not sure which engine Doosan will put in the Bobcat now, but it may be the Daedong engine that they've been running in the Kioti tractors. In the long run, the new engine's reliability, or lack thereof will have to be proven.
Kubota provided stability and reliablity in powerplants to the BC brand that they did not have before. I get that but Doosan will not put engines in their BCs that dont hold up. They are still no doubt trying to pay off the 5B they paid for the BC, I dont see them misstepping here. If it were possible to select your powerplant to go in a machine from the available OEMs that offer their powerplants in these applications I would pick Yanmar and Isuzu over Kubota. I am sure it was a source of contention for Doosan having to buy Japanese engines for their Korean owned machines. I thought the world would stop spinning when CASE dropped the 3.9 from their skid steers. The Iveco engines in my opinion from an operational standpoint are superior to the Cummins.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

well i think the svl75 is out. based off the weight etc.. of the sandbagging attachment im picking up for my new company, the svl75 will fall short of handling and manueveralbility of the attachment. (it weighs close to 2800# loaded with full bags).

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Take a spin in a CASE TR320. You can counter weight it if needed to but it has a 3200 ROC at 50% without it. I am really digging that 320!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

No case dealers around me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My TL140 is rated at 2100 ROC and a 2800 pound attachment would not be an issue.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
My TL140 is rated at 2100 ROC and a 2800 pound attachment would not be an issue.
My local United rentals is having a serious inventory sale. Its literally 2blocks from my house. They have 5x TL130s and i think 1x TL140
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I may still go demo the svl75 for week and see what she can really do.
Posted via Mobile Device