Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
I'm happy for you. My damage continues.
Sorry, I hope you get results from your lawsuit that makes up for the disaster you have to live with.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now noticing possible Imprelis related damage to another tree on my property. My Eastern Hemlock nearest to my neighbor's property is becoming more pale than the other Eastern Hemlock a little further from that area. This lightening of color is a slower process and one I had not noticed until this weekend when I noticed the light hitting both trees and visibly saw the difference. I had noticed it hadn't grown at the same pace it had in the past. These hemlocks are in the same bed and fertilized at the same time.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Grass Damage?

The tips of the grass in several lawns are turning brown. Anyone else seeing this. Tall fescue, 1"-1.5" of tips.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My grass looks toasted. Only thing I noticed today was the weeds are pretty healthy.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Question for those that have hired attorneys...

I'm quickly getting to the point of pitching in on the Dupont process and hiring an attorney. Have any of you who have retained a lawyer seen any type movement in your cases?

Once the attorneys gather info, are cases moved to court immediately or are any of the lawyers trying to work through Dupont directly?

I think I would prefer a local attorney. Are cases filed in your local courts? Has anyone retained a lawyer in southeast Michigan yet?

I can't imagine Dupont is actually going to send a team of lawyers around the country to fight these cases one by one. Their foot-dragging is becoming tedious and makes me want to go to court where I would suspect all of us with damage should have a real solid case since fault is undeniable. At the same time, I really want to move on with the clean-up and get my yard back the way it was... if that's going to be possible.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Michiman

I sent you a private message. Let me know if you have any questions. Sorry for your frustration. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcabo7 View Post
My 60 days $$$ in my hand came and went on 10/30. Waiting to hear back from the lawyer but have not discussed the case with them.

Got a call today from a DuPont rep wanting an arborist to look at the trees again due to my rejection. What do I have to lose. Let's see what they have to say and I'll circle back around to the lawyer on a given date should I need to. The question I am asking myself is "When are they going to give me the next packet?" I'm thinking positive...
October 2011, the first assessment for Imprelis damage. Three trees affected rated 1 & 2.

December 10, 2012, 14 months later. Trees re-assessed. 7 trees with 3-4 ratings and 3 added with 1 rating.

As time goes by these trees are progressively getting worse. Replacement is the only option! Time to put the pressure on them to get a settlement check in my hands. DuPont better get this right or it's legal time.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

redcabo

No surprise to me of the additional damage. I had an arborist evaluate my Imprelis damaged property in July 2012 and found additional damaged that was not claimed on the original LCO report of November 2011. Dupont sent their team, Davey Tree and Stericyle, in late August 2012 and identified one additional tree that was not included in the July 2012 report. Another arborist reviewed my property the first week of December and found yet another Imprelis damaged tree previously unreported in August 2012 and July 2012. That's exactly why I can't sign my rights away or anything else Dupont's demands when one signs their Claims Resolution Pkg.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Frustrations grow after Imprelis is blamed for killing thousands of ...
►►
www.kshb.com › Money › Consumer › Call For Action
Oct 11, 2012
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
No surprise to me of the additional damage. I had an arborist evaluate my Imprelis damaged property in July 2012 and found additional damaged that was not claimed on the original LCO report of November 2011. Dupont sent their team, Davey Tree and Stericyle, in late August 2012 and identified one additional tree that was not included in the July 2012 report. Another arborist reviewed my property the first week of December and found yet another Imprelis damaged tree previously unreported in August 2012 and July 2012. That's exactly why I can't sign my rights away or anything else Dupont's demands when one signs their Claims Resolution Pkg.
Dupont wouldn't look at my additional damage when they sent their team, that the arborist I hired from their list, identified, since it wasn't on the original report. Doesn't matter since almost everything I have is dead. The private arborist said he hadn't seen anything survive any Imprelis damage and he was correct.

I agree I can't sign my rights away. If I had accepted their first offer, everything else that is dead that was I guess in that 15%, would have been mine. No guarantee without soil replacement, that anything will grow. In the meantime, I continue to look at a yard with dead trees, bushes, ornamentals and pine needles everywhere.

The full link:
http://www.kshb.com/dpp/money/consum...ees-and-shrubs