Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Twitter Advertising

I was chosen for $100 of free Twitter advertising. Any ideas or tips on how best to use it?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anything you have in mind, Headz?

Twitter has been hitting a couple of small business avenues lately to generate interest in their promoted Tweets. For your promotion, I would probably push their use as much towards a time frame when your target audience would get the most out of them. Late Winter, early Spring, if that's when you think they would be most relevant, and use them to drive any traffic to articles on your site via keywords you are targeting. I think the dates of use were end of 2012 thru June of 2013.

I'm not a proponent of Twitter for local service businesses, so with promoted Tweets I'm even less so, but a $100 credit is experimenting with house money.

One current Twitter promo can be registerd for here:
https://tweet.twitter.com/shopsmall
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have to start the campaign by Dec 31. I could use it to promote a service- like our year round landscape maintenance program. Or, I could use the $ to promote ourselves and gain more followers. I primarily use Twitter as a way to promote our blog- so maybe more followers would make sense.

Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
I have to start the campaign by Dec 31. I could use it to promote a service- like our year round landscape maintenance program. Or, I could use the $ to promote ourselves and gain more followers. I primarily use Twitter as a way to promote our blog- so maybe more followers would make sense.

Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device
You can accomplish both, utilizing it as another layer in your marketing funnel. Something along the lines of driving people to a maintenance program article, while marketing your services from within the post. If you target by geography and keyword search or those with similar interests, you can help narrow it down.

Twitter is not yet localized enough for my tastes (and I'm an active user) and I question whether it ever will be, but there's nothing lost in giving it a try. I'll be interested in your idea spitballing as you get ready for it. I'll earmark an account credit or two for localized service businesses and see how it goes and pass along my experience as well.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is what I will do then. I am going to wait till the very end to sign up. I will pass along any insights I gain.

Thanks for the feedback Tony-