Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Thats prolly their minumum charge as a shop one hour. Just take them off next time, run up to your local purvis bearing or something and put on yourself for $15....
I heard that! Only reason I took it to JD was I thought the castor bearings were bad too and they just replaced those last month. They said they were fine, but I felt it binding when I spun it around....
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Did that come with some lube to ease the pice too? Wow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Did that come with some lube to ease the pice too? Wow
Posted via Mobile Device
Not even a kiss....
Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Shop dealers not mowers, unless you can do your own work...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2015, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear of your leaving such a great company and machine!! I would not dream of doing the same but to each his own. Currently 2000 hrs and still going on my 331. Buying another this year. Love the power, fuel efficiency, increase in production at 72" and lack of repairs. Just replaced deck drive belt this year at 1800 hrs!! Yeah we had a bearing go on the gear box but I am the operator and noticed it vibrating and fixed it right away. No issues since. I believe these machines are well with the extra money and plan on using up till around 5000 hrs with a regimented service program, witch is key for any and all equipment. I can't see spending that kind of money on a piece of equipment if you are not planning to run for at least 5000 hrs. They can take it!! I have to believe that maintainence and operator awareness are your biggest problems with kubota and not the machine itself. Parts are not expensive. Add up the amount of money you have made with this machine then subtract the initial cost plus repairs!! I bet it would be u wouldn't be so down on it then.

How have you made out with the switch? I'd be surprised if you were happy with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2015, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Sorry to hear of your leaving such a great company and machine!! I would not dream of doing the same but to each his own. Currently 2000 hrs and still going on my 331. Buying another this year. Love the power, fuel efficiency, increase in production at 72" and lack of repairs. Just replaced deck drive belt this year at 1800 hrs!! Yeah we had a bearing go on the gear box but I am the operator and noticed it vibrating and fixed it right away. No issues since. I believe these machines are well with the extra money and plan on using up till around 5000 hrs with a regimented service program, witch is key for any and all equipment. I can't see spending that kind of money on a piece of equipment if you are not planning to run for at least 5000 hrs. They can take it!! I have to believe that maintainence and operator awareness are your biggest problems with kubota and not the machine itself. Parts are not expensive. Add up the amount of money you have made with this machine then subtract the initial cost plus repairs!! I bet it would be u wouldn't be so down on it then.

How have you made out with the switch? I'd be surprised if you were happy with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Glad you know all.

Hope it works out for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2015, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to add my two since having owned a 997 and Kubota with 5,000 hours on each. Kubota's are built like tanks no doubt, but so are the 997's. The 997's leave twice the cut as Kubotas "Pro Deck." If you make the switch don't rule out John Deere if you have good service locally. Their new 9 series's are on a whole different level. You won't go wrong with Ex-Mark either. If you decide to stick with the diesels I believe Ex-Mark also has diesel engine models. I'm a John Deere / Yanmar fanatic though. Awesome machines.