Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
looks pretty neat, do you have a lot of customers that use the pay online feature? I think I may try it out. Right now my billing process still involves calling customers, setting up a time when they will be around, then driving to their house, then collecting then usually waiting a few days until i have time to go to the bank then a day later the money clears into my account. Not quite the most cost effective method. but for plowing especially 90% of my customers want to be billed. mowing so far none of them require or care about a bill so I don't bother. Once I get closer to 50 or 60 lawn customers I won't want to drive to each of their houses and collect that will take too long and waste a lot of diesel.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use the online bill pay option. I email like 98% of my bills and they just mail the check back.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to get my customers on board with that, sounds much easier. chasing money isn't fun.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
looks pretty neat, do you have a lot of customers that use the pay online feature? I think I may try it out. Right now my billing process still involves calling customers, setting up a time when they will be around, then driving to their house, then collecting then usually waiting a few days until i have time to go to the bank then a day later the money clears into my account. Not quite the most cost effective method. but for plowing especially 90% of my customers want to be billed. mowing so far none of them require or care about a bill so I don't bother. Once I get closer to 50 or 60 lawn customers I won't want to drive to each of their houses and collect that will take too long and waste a lot of diesel.
That would suck! I am in the market for a better invoicing system, as of now I bill monthly, include an addressed envelope all they have to do is add a check, stamp and drop it in the mail. I did the collect in person thing my first year and was a paperwork nightmare along with many hours of wasted time.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Put my old whelen lightbar on the white ram, I was going to go with a smaller led mini bar but coulden't just let this bar sit on the shelf in the shop. So i tossed it on.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Niiiice! how's the tranny treating you in that cummins? tow any substantial amount of weight with it yet?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tranny was rebuilt right before i bought it. I have towed a 10k pound mini excavator a hand full of times, Was like 12K with the trailer, pulled it no problem.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
Tranny was rebuilt right before i bought it. I have towed a 10k pound mini excavator a hand full of times, Was like 12K with the trailer, pulled it no problem.
nice i had 3 of them, over a few year time span, and one i bought with 104k on it, thinking it was low mileage and the tranny was gonna be okay, well it lasted about 10,000 miles and i built it to the sky and 4500 later with all billet pieces and a suncoast triple disk converter it never slipped another day in its life, and built the truck a little too, it ended up putting down 458hp/1053 ft lbs of tq uncorrected, stock turbo, with bigger injectors and some other cheap mods, it was 97 so it was all mechanical. if you do any power adders be careful of which programmers or downloaders you do. check out www.cumminsforum.com if you haven't yet and www.Competitiondiesel.com and make a name and search for whatever you may want to know about the truck and modding it for better fuel economy or just plain more power, because they are a little on sluggish side especially with 12k behind them. I did manage to put down 253whp and 563 ft. lbs of torque on my stock tranny and tow 8,000lbs before it started slipping. good luck and watch out for the bug if it hasn't bit you yet.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
nice i had 3 of them, over a few year time span, and one i bought with 104k on it, thinking it was low mileage and the tranny was gonna be okay, well it lasted about 10,000 miles and i built it to the sky and 4500 later with all billet pieces and a suncoast triple disk converter it never slipped another day in its life, and built the truck a little too, it ended up putting down 458hp/1053 ft lbs of tq uncorrected, stock turbo, with bigger injectors and some other cheap mods, it was 97 so it was all mechanical. if you do any power adders be careful of which programmers or downloaders you do. check out www.cumminsforum.com if you haven't yet and www.Competitiondiesel.com and make a name and search for whatever you may want to know about the truck and modding it for better fuel economy or just plain more power, because they are a little on sluggish side especially with 12k behind them. I did manage to put down 253whp and 563 ft. lbs of torque on my stock tranny and tow 8,000lbs before it started slipping. good luck and watch out for the bug if it hasn't bit you yet.
Haha, the bug bit me a long time ago, but it was the duramax bug. ive had a programmer in my 06 dmax for about 5 years now and it has never let me down. I always back down the power for heavy towing and plowing. Tranny is doing great and im not gonna add any more power till i have the money to build the trans. I did put down 461hp and 823tq on stock trans tho. Its all fun and games untill your work truck is down.
Stihl backpack blower, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer

Old 12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

lol yea i have done a few mods to it, nothing crazy tho. I added a raptor 150 fuel pump, BHAF air intake, 4 inch straight pipe exhaust from the turbo, and a diablo power puck programmer. All the mods woke the truck up nice.