Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New to Hydros.

Hello Guys. My name is Rob, and I have been running Exmark Walk-behinds for 12 years now and love them. Just recently upped the acrage and decided to buy a used Exmark Ct 52 lazer z. I am currently winterizing it and doing maintenence on it. Now the hydros are working well but I want to change the filter. I was told to fill the filter up with hydro oil screw it on and jack up the rear end and manually turn the tires forwards and backwards 10-15 times to alleviate air bubbles. Could anyone tell me if this is correct and if it is what else should I be aware of while changing this dellicate system?

Thanks guys!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K c m View Post
Hello Guys. My name is Rob, and I have been running Exmark Walk-behinds for 12 years now and love them. Just recently upped the acrage and decided to buy a used Exmark Ct 52 lazer z. I am currently winterizing it and doing maintenence on it. Now the hydros are working well but I want to change the filter. I was told to fill the filter up with hydro oil screw it on and jack up the rear end and manually turn the tires forwards and backwards 10-15 times to alleviate air bubbles. Could anyone tell me if this is correct and if it is what else should I be aware of while changing this dellicate system?

Thanks guys!
Delicate????
If you have air, blow around the filter base to clean off the dirt, etc. Clean the base good before you install the new filter.

You don't manually turn the tires! Who told you that? Slap the chit out of him!
Jack the wheels up.
First, crack open the bypass valves, then run the engine about 1/4 or so while you work the levers a few times.
Then close the valves and bump the speed up a bit and work the levers a few more times. You should see the wheel movement pick up/smooth out.
That's about it.
With just changing the filter, you really don't have to mess with all that.

......AMF!