Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
YardBoss Lawncare's Avatar
YardBoss Lawncare YardBoss Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 1,209
Need some plumbing advice

My 50 gallon tank and steel bands from Plasticmart got here this week. It was exactly what I wanted and what was shown on their website. I definitely recommend them if you're looking for a tank or tank straps. My 79cc (2.5hp) engine from Harbor Freight also got here yesterday. I'm going to mount everything today after I buy my 4 roller pump. On the pump specs it shows that it has 3/4" inlet and outlet ports. My tank however, came with a 1" threaded female outlet on one end. This will be where I install my screen and a ball valve leading to my roller pump inlet. Should I use a 1" hose and at the pump use a 3/4 threaded hose barb that accepts 1" hose??
Next question... On the outlet side of the pump I plan on using a brass tee with one hose leading to my reel and another hose leading to the top of my tank. Regulator/relief will be right on the top of the tank with a pressure gauge. Should the outlet side hose be 3/4 or 1/2? My hose reel is 1/2" (300ft)

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.28232 seconds with 10 queries