Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe it's really Yardgal?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

As old as I am when I have to take a pee the 20 minute drive will not work. Got to have a emergency plan in place.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

oh I have an emergency plan in place. but it used for an emergency. not oh I'm on my way to joes house and have to pee but I'm not stopping at a public place I'll just pee in the backyard behind the fence.

it's more like when I'm in a neighborhood doing multiple places and half way through I don't think I can hold it until I come across a public place.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm glad I work in some rural areas. Losing almost an hour in driving to take a leak isn't an option. If I have to go I know where all the spots are in every service area.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Urinating anywhere outside of a restroom, let alone a client's yard is unprofessionalism defined. In Georgia, you will go into the Sex Offender Registry for peeing in public. The charges would be Indecent Exposure and Lewd & Lascivious Behavior. You better have a good attorney before taking a leak in the woods here.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
Urinating anywhere outside of a restroom, let alone a client's yard is unprofessionalism defined. In Georgia, you will go into the Sex Offender Registry for peeing in public. The charges would be Indecent Exposure and Lewd & Lascivious Behavior. You better have a good attorney before taking a leak in the woods here.
The only reason why they made that a sex offender status offense is because "actual" perverts/crazies would protest "I was just peeing" if they were caught hanging their ..... around at people. Seems like that would be a common excuse.

My opinion still stands however. I believe we should be able to piss without having to worry about being charged with a sex offense.

But thanks for the info! I was not aware at all that it was that serious in GA. I will know it for future references. It sure would be hard to get business if I was caught and had to go door to door in my neighborhood saying "Hi im required by law to inform you that im a registered sex offender! And by the way, Would you like some lawn service?" LOL
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's much more sanitary to make water outside than in a public restroom. No doorknobs, stall doors, flush valves, sinks, paper towel dispensers, etc. If you shower regularly, there should be no problem making water outside and not washing your hands. In a public restroom, unless it's a high-class hotel or restaurant, I feel like I need to disinfect myself with bleach after looking at the door handle.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
Wouldn't you need to actually expose yourself to others? I don't think anybody is recommending you whip it out and wave it around for others to see.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I'm glad I work in some rural areas. Losing almost an hour in driving to take a leak isn't an option. If I have to go I know where all the spots are in every service area.
I work in some rural areas as well.

to clarify something unless I have an emergency (#2) I don't generally make special trips to public restrooms. I stop in between properties as I pass them.

going in clients yard once in a blew moon on an emergency only basis isn't nearly as bad as those who do it on a daily basis to avoid stopping.

while I don't condone it all I can be more forgiving on an emergency only basis. but these guys who do it daily all day long lack professionalism as a business and are disgusting as a human being.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
my grandmother owns 80 acres of land with no houses on it within site. there is a wooded area on the 80 acres. when I go shooting I use the bathroom before I go shooting and I wait until after I'm done to stop somewhere or I'll drive the 20 min to the closet place in the middle and come back.
Let's be realistic here.... this is the silliest thing I have ever read on this site.

EIGHTY acres all alone and you can't take a leak anywhere. You will drive 20 minutes for 15 seconds of relief. I'm having trouble understanding this.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Closed Thread