Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

iphone credit card reader

has anyone used the credit card swiper thing for iphones/ipads how have your customers liked it/ hated it? How have you liked it?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i use square, they love it. makes paying fun. if its over 1000 i add the 3% on the bill and they still choose credit
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i use pay anywhere, works pretty good, customers like it, because of the rewards they get from using the card. I only have 3 customers that use it, but it doesn't cost any money month to month and it was free initially too, so no point to get rid of it. Its 2% or 3% per transaction I can't remember. Not taking credit cards has never lost me any jobs, nor has it got me any new work, but if its convenient for my customers then i'll keep using it, it does save me one less trip to the bank. which probably makes up for the 2-3% transaction fee that gets taken out.

I just upgraded my 4s that i bought last december to an iphone 5 and haven't used it on that yet, but i'm sure it will work even faster with the 5!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I use square, we use it with androids, iphones, and ipads. We love it and have had no problems lately since they got rid of doing holds on large transactions. The rates are higher when you manually enter a card than when you swipe. We explained to Square that with the nature of our business we do automatic billing and swiping monthly is not an option. They worked with us and with the proper documentation they do not charge us the higher manually entered fee. Like any business they will be willing to work on pricing if you are going to be bringing them thousands in transaction fees. They are not the cheapest, I have tried a few different vendors and have found square to have the best customer service.

Like said above, most customers like it. Especially the new service customers who you may be doing a one time call for or only a couple visits a year, such as irrigation startup/shutdowns. Going into a construction proposal, it is great when the customer has the option of charging a $50k job on a low interest card and can get points/miles for it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Square too.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Square Rocks!!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Green, where do you store the credit card information to then bill customers monthly. We are looking for something to input credit cards into and then bill monthly for services rendered. Can square or gopayment do this?

Mike
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you have an otterbox cover the card reader won't fit. I just found this out on my iPad. I use Pay Pal's card reader. I think there's an extension piece to make it work but I'm unsure where to find them.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

iphone credit card reader

We have Aprivapay. There is a case that goes right around your iPhone with a swipe and a printer built right into it. This way you can give an actual receipt.