Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am going to go with SA. I plan to sign up later today and hope to be familiar enough to be using it by the new year. Wish me luck.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if you signed up yesterday or not, but Jonathan recommended waiting until next week to sign up since that's when the new update will be released.

That way we don't get it now and start learning it, only to see a big change next week.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppurn View Post
Not sure if you signed up yesterday or not, but Jonathan recommended waiting until next week to sign up since that's when the new update will be released.

That way we don't get it now and start learning it, only to see a big change next week.
Thanks for the heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been looking in to this lately and had $79/month stuck in my head. When I paid more attention to the pricing page I noticed there are some extras I didnt see at first.

Additional user $15/month
quickbooks sync $25/month
client portal $20/month

The $29.97 for website I totally understand but I originally thought the above extras were included in the $79/month. My bad for not reading.'

Looks like a good product, I just am having trouble swallowing the monthly bill for all of the above.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

How is the update working our for everyone. Is anyone having an issues? If so what are they?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

i like it a lot. there were some changes from the main screen to a secondary screen. but the second screen has more and better details.

there are a few minor bugs left but they don't effect operations. there more financial based bugs, such as screens not displaying for overall totals, ie mowing total revenue by month and year, but the weekly totals are there, and so are the individual transactions and account balances for people.

they should be fixed within the week.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SAP is a lot more user friendly now with the new update...

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klogan011 View Post
How is the update working our for everyone. Is anyone having an issues? If so what are they?
You guys must not pay real close attention to things. I logged on, 10 mins , I had 10 errors on things not working correctly. Granted the overall idea of work flow, and invoicing had little changes and mostly works fine.

But overall I was disappointed with it, no snow removal update, the time clock system has errors, (I wouldn't write my pay check based on it). To me it seems slower, but they say they are working on it. My personal feeling is that the beta testing wasn't thero. I don't see much change besides a new look and feel
Old 12-18-2012, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
Ive been looking in to this lately and had $79/month stuck in my head. When I paid more attention to the pricing page I noticed there are some extras I didnt see at first.

Additional user $15/month
quickbooks sync $25/month
client portal $20/month

The $29.97 for website I totally understand but I originally thought the above extras were included in the $79/month. My bad for not reading.'

Looks like a good product, I just am having trouble swallowing the monthly bill for all of the above.

And do you just have a single phone line to your home for your business? I assume you have a cell phone and pay a reasonable amount of money for it.

There is a reason they charge what they do. And it is worth it at least for me,

Don't do the client portal, don't do the website, don't do the qb sync if you don't think it's worth it. Put all your data on one computer, and then let it crash and loose it all, then you will understand
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
You guys must not pay real close attention to things. I logged on, 10 mins , I had 10 errors on things not working correctly. Granted the overall idea of work flow, and invoicing had little changes and mostly works fine.

But overall I was disappointed with it, no snow removal update, the time clock system has errors, (I wouldn't write my pay check based on it). To me it seems slower, but they say they are working on it. My personal feeling is that the beta testing wasn't thero. I don't see much change besides a new look and feel
We have not check the snow dispatch as we never really used it, we don't plan on using it during a storm. we only need the snow dispatch for after the storm, so were not concerned about it. We don't expect a lot of snow. we don't use there time clock for payroll but we do use it for time checking on properties. It works fine in that aspect