Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
I own a 4720 with a cab and loader. Its not going to run a 10' protech without twisting the arms right off. The loader is about use less in my opinion, its a fragile weak pile of crap. And i will be damned if it can lift 2,000 pounds. I have a 2,200 pound pallet of fert in the shop and it couldnt even get the pallet off the ground. Cab is to small also, no room for your legs.

On second thought they are great machines want to buy mine? has low hours? $35,000 fully loaded
im buying a new one. I was up at the dealer looking at it and loved it i had no problem in the cab and im 6ft 3. If it wont run the pro tech im fine with a boss plow on it. I ran a 4520 at my old job and like it as well i think it will fit my needs perfectly.

Sideliner- i have 286 acres through the real estate company spread out over 15 sites. it comes out to just over 19 acres a site some bigger than others. some were priced by the acre and the smaller stuff was done by the hour. Looking to add more im trying to market to some farmers
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I have the cx loader it picks up 2000 lb pallets of fertilizer. I move them around all the time. Will you cut those properties more than 1 time per year?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideliner View Post
I have the cx loader it picks up 2000 lb pallets of fertilizer. I move them around all the time. Will you cut those properties more than 1 time per year?
yes 3 right now they want May July and October but if we dont have a drought it will be 4 with the schedule being May July September November. In the contract im givin atleast 3 each year with an optional 4th
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like a nice job! I have owned larger tractors up to 95 hp. For doing similar work as you are going to do. I have found that the 4720 is a good tractor for this work. Not to big and not to small. CUT tractors hold their value better than utility tractors atleast where I am located. With my flail I can cut around 2 acres per hour depending on conditions. Hope I have given you some help. Oh and fyi it burns around 2gph of diesel.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideliner View Post
Sounds like a nice job! I have owned larger tractors up to 95 hp. For doing similar work as you are going to do. I have found that the 4720 is a good tractor for this work. Not to big and not to small. CUT tractors hold their value better than utility tractors atleast where I am located. With my flail I can cut around 2 acres per hour depending on conditions. Hope I have given you some help. Oh and fyi it burns around 2gph of diesel.
yea i think the 4720 is perfect for me can use it for bush hogging and landscape installs. If i can get some snow work i would like a kubota 7040 and go after bigger jobs in 2 years
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking at tractors right now, its between a Kubota 8540 or the john Deere 5093, both have front wheel assist and cabs, what I have now is a case jx95 open platform, nice tractor but the dust is killing me. must be gettin old.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
I'm looking at tractors right now, its between a Kubota 8540 or the john Deere 5093, both have front wheel assist and cabs, what I have now is a case jx95 open platform, nice tractor but the dust is killing me. must be gettin old.
im mainly holding off on a 7040 till next winter for plowing and hopefully after a year of working for these guys i can get some bigger contracts where a 7040 would benefit me well
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

we use two 4520's in or fleet. they are amazing little tractors. One spends a day a week in the summer pulling a 15.6 foot frontier batwing cutting grass up to 8 inches tall. They have enough power to cut as fast we wish to go.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how many hours does your tractor have on it Do you run any with a bush hog i need something that can handle a little more than grass and dont have any contracts for a batwing
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

That one is our oldest tractor it has almost 2000 hours. It spends most of it's time with a jd backhoe mounted on it. we had a 2010 4520 with 500 hours on it but an employee got in a wreck while hauling it so it was replaced by a 2012 which now has 250 hours.

We have an old busted up, 84 inch bush hog that we use a little bit spring and fall that they handle just fine in tall grass(hay basically) and clearing brush up to 1.5 inches.