Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Sounds like you're just pretending that you have a choice in the matter.
well who wants to date a guy who lives with his parents, never leaves the house except to go to work and is already snipped at the age of 31.

let alone marry that guy.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
well who wants to date a guy who lives with his parents, never leaves the house except to go to work and is already snipped at the age of 31.

let alone marry that guy.
i dont disagree i dont really wana get married that may change when i meet someone who is unlike the rest but 99 percent of married couples i see arent happy lol.

ive also lived on mmy own and supported myself since i was 19
Old 12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles landscape View Post
i dont disagree i dont really wana get married that may change when i meet someone who is unlike the rest but 99 percent of married couples i see arent happy lol.

ive also lived on mmy own and supported myself since i was 19
I lived on my own for 4 years. after that I needed to move home for a bit and haven't left yet. no real reason to leave.

plus I'm not out there looking for ms wonderful so there is no changing my mind if I met someone. can't meet someone if your not out there to meet them.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I lived on my own for 4 years. after that I needed to move home for a bit and haven't left yet. no real reason to leave.

plus I'm not out there looking for ms wonderful so there is no changing my mind if I met someone. can't meet someone if your not out there to meet them.
how old are you??

i couldnt go back to my parents too much freedom now lol hopin to buy a home in the next 2 yeaars if all goes as planned maybe 3
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You could always buy something like this and you could have your home and equipment with you at all times. I bet checks would find that sexy!

But now I'm thinking.....I wonder if I could make a living being a traveling landscaper...Vagabond Lawn Care, LLC....Your first job with us will be your last....kind of catchy don't you think?

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp...emNumber=38116
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
You could always buy something like this and you could have your home and equipment with you at all times. I bet checks would find that sexy!

But now I'm thinking.....I wonder if I could make a living being a traveling landscaper...Vagabond Lawn Care, LLC....Your first job with us will be your last....kind of catchy don't you think?

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp...emNumber=38116
hahah thats awesome take some grass clippings you got yourself a nice soft bed tooo!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I was posting on another thread and it hit me. People are talking about minimum charges (I do have a minimum for residential) and I looked at the books. We maintain 50 properties for $20 and under, I service these properties in an 8.5 hour day with nothing but a pickup and a trimmer grossing almost $800.00. I understand both sides of the argument about what people charge to mow a lawn, but I think these numbers vary widely depending on the circumstances involved. Another company put in a price of $30 saying "that's the lowest I charge." So I'm grossing over $90 PMH and the next guy thought my price was cheap
Old 12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I was posting on another thread and it hit me. People are talking about minimum charges (I do have a minimum for residential) and I looked at the books. We maintain 50 properties for $20 and under, I service these properties in an 8.5 hour day with nothing but a pickup and a trimmer grossing almost $800.00. I understand both sides of the argument about what people charge to mow a lawn, but I think these numbers vary widely depending on the circumstances involved. Another company put in a price of $30 saying "that's the lowest I charge." So I'm grossing over $90 PMH and the next guy thought my price was cheap
well look who got the job and is making the $$$ i think 800 a day is awesome against his 0

but you might get reemed by everyone else who says they dont go under 35 lol but id do the same as u
Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
If it works for you that's great....But....managing every account takes time too and adds to your invoicing, bookkeeping, banking, collections cost, etc. Just make sure that you figure that time in too because it's not free.

My lowest account is $25 and it's no more than 1,000 square feet of lawn. My next lowest is at $30 and is a grassy parking area for a guest cottage that parks about 8 cars. The rest are all at least $40, some of which take no more than 20 minutes to service.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yes I agree.

I also think there are those of us that just don't want to deal with properties like that. If you're servicing 50 accounts in one day they're obviously small and don't need much other than knocking down the weeds if all you need is a trimmer. Trailer park?

I'm not saying that doing those is a bad thing but some of us want the other properties that give us multiple services. I think some of us look to get more money out of fewer properties where some get fewer dollars out of more properties. Just different business models. And I wouldn't say your prices are off for the size of the properties, if I'm thinking they are quite small. I think those of us that think guys are nuts at $25 and below are those servicing 1/3+ acre quality residential properties.
Posted via Mobile Device