Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles landscape View Post
how old are you??

i couldnt go back to my parents too much freedom now lol hopin to buy a home in the next 2 yeaars if all goes as planned maybe 3
i'm 31.

my freedom still exsists just the same. just because i live with them doesn't mean they treat me like i'm 12.

but since i don't party or hang out with a bunch of friends all the time it doesn't really matter. once in blue moon i'll have some friends over for some drink and cards or something but thats about it.

women aren't in the picture for me right now either so thats not an issue. they are way too high maintenance for me to be bothered with. just not worth it.

when i do finally get out on my own again i'm either going back to an apartment or getting a condo.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
Yes I agree.

I also think there are those of us that just don't want to deal with properties like that. If you're servicing 50 accounts in one day they're obviously small and don't need much other than knocking down the weeds if all you need is a trimmer. Trailer park?

I think some of us look to get more money out of fewer properties where some get fewer dollars out of more properties. Just different business models. .
Posted via Mobile Device
what happens when you lose a few to a low bidder or the fact they cannot afford you anymore your screwed, no?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
i'm 31.

my freedom still exsists just the same. just because i live with them doesn't mean they treat me like i'm 12.

but since i don't party or hang out with a bunch of friends all the time it doesn't really matter. once in blue moon i'll have some friends over for some drink and cards or something but thats about it.

women aren't in the picture for me right now either so thats not an issue. they are way too high maintenance for me to be bothered with. just not worth it.

when i do finally get out on my own again i'm either going back to an apartment or getting a condo.
you got me by 10 years lol but **** bank as much money as you can while your not paying rent utilites groceries etc i prob waste 25k a year living on my own
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Municipal contracts, two invoices, two checks. Just an example of how it can work.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
what happens when you lose a few to a low bidder or the fact they cannot afford you anymore your screwed, no?
Well hopefully you've become established and advertise enough to keep the phone ringing. JimLewis can tell you all about this. Seriously read some of his threads or posts. His phones ring constantly so that there is a steady stream of potential clients and he's not taking on cheap clients. Can everyone have his success? Probably not but I'm going to listen to what him, ETWMan, Zedosix, idealscape, tthomas, and other well established high end companies have to say. They don't chase low priced work and would make any of us look like landscape fools.

There is niche for the low end work for sure. I DON'T WANT IT. I also don't want to just mow lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Well hopefully you've become established and advertise enough to keep the phone ringing. JimLewis can tell you all about this. Seriously read some of his threads or posts. His phones ring constantly so that there is a steady stream of potential clients and he's not taking on cheap clients. Can everyone have his success? Probably not but I'm going to listen to what him, ETWMan, Zedosix, idealscape, tthomas, and other well established high end companies have to say. They don't chase low priced work and would make any of us look like landscape fools.

There is niche for the low end work for sure. I DON'T WANT IT. I also don't want to just mow lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device
do you think they started out high end or normal end? and worked there way up....thats what i plan on doing i dont make 6 figures or work 6 days a week so i take what i can get within reason before i cant start weeding out the lesser properties.

i think the reason they need to target hhigh priced properties is the physically cant do the others without losing thier butts
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
you got me by 10 years lol but **** bank as much money as you can while your not paying rent utilites groceries etc i prob waste 25k a year living on my own
I already pay all that. that's another reason I'm in no hurry to move out.

the only real difference between me living with my parents or on my own is I see my parents usually every single day.

I've tried a thousands times to tell the other guys that, that squawk about me living with my parents but they don't listen.

I pay rent and split the utilities 50/50. plus the mortgage and property tax.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
do you think they started out high end or normal end? and worked there way up....thats what i plan on doing i dont make 6 figures or work 6 days a week so i take what i can get within reason before i cant start weeding out the lesser properties.

i think the reason they need to target hhigh priced properties is the physically cant do the others without losing thier butts
I've pm'd these guys and yea each one started somewhere but I'm learning from the mistakes they admit. Pricing too low, chasing the wrong customers, etc.... They offer the information so we can avoid the mistakes they made.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I've pm'd these guys and yea each one started somewhere but I'm learning from the mistakes they admit. Pricing too low, chasing the wrong customers, etc.... They offer the information so we can avoid the mistakes they made.
Posted via Mobile Device
yep we all start some place

if i may ask how old are you, many years in bus, lot of employees,

also did they put in their 2 cents on being a big company vs a small one ?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Well let us know what they say

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...