Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

WTB - Walker low profile Wheels

I'm looking for a set of the low profile Walker wheels (with tires if mounted) to swap out my all terrain set when the weather gets nicer. Anybody got some laying around? Should fit the standard low profile tires 18x10.50-10.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Jockey View Post
I'm looking for a set of the low profile Walker wheels (with tires if mounted) to swap out my all terrain set when the weather gets nicer. Anybody got some laying around? Should fit the standard low profile tires 18x10.50-10.
I have a pair, tires and wheels mounted. Give me your email address and I will send some pictures. They have been in storage for a few years. I didn't like them and kept them for spare.

How do you like the allterrain tires?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Gene! I'll send you my email in a private note if I can figure out how to do that. I don't care to get spammed to death by posting my email here.

As far as the All Terrain go, they as you might imagine have great traction but can really tear up a lawn if you're not super careful. Lose attention for a moment while mowing and you can be sure there's a tear out waiting for you. Of course with dryer ground it's not too much of a problem but when the moisture hits watch out.

I got mine primarily because I deal with a lot of grades and they really help there but then I've never had any 'regular' tires so my experience is somewhat limited...hence my quest for the low profile set.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks Gene! I'll send you my email in a private note if I can figure out how to do that. I don't care to get spammed to death by posting my email here.

As far as the All Terrain go, they as you might imagine have great traction but can really tear up a lawn if you're not super careful. Lose attention for a moment while mowing and you can be sure there's a tear out waiting for you. Of course with dryer ground it's not too much of a problem but when the moisture hits watch out.

I got mine primarily because I deal with a lot of grades and they really help there but then I've never had any 'regular' tires so my experience is somewhat limited...hence my quest for the low profile set.
I have a Buafflo Turbine blower for my Walker a need more traction. When the grass is wet I spin a lot trying to get it moving.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Here is my eaddy........leecogriff@yahoo.com
Old 10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

what are the specs on the rims that fit the AT's?