Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You could just buy my NEW PUMP in box at $400 and get another engine (5HP) and have less than $500 in both. You'd have more power and an engine that would bolt with the pump directly. Only other thing you would need is a small tube of BLUE LOCKTITE.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
You could just buy my NEW PUMP in box at $400 and get another engine (5HP) and have less than $500 in both. You'd have more power and an engine that would bolt with the pump directly. Only other thing you would need is a small tube of BLUE LOCKTITE.
You have a point Explain the Blue Locktite and what's the story on the pump? I know you didn't just buy that pump new for almost $600 and just decide to sell it and lose $200 on it. Did you upgrade to a bigger one or did you buy it from someone else who got into a money crunch? It's not really any of my business, and I wouldn't think anything of it if it was used. But who would buy a brand new one and then sell it at a loss? I'm interested in it.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
You have a point Explain the Blue Locktite and what's the story on the pump? I know you didn't just buy that pump new for almost $600 and just decide to sell it and lose $200 on it. Did you upgrade to a bigger one or did you buy it from someone else who got into a money crunch? It's not really any of my business, and I wouldn't think anything of it if it was used. But who would buy a brand new one and then sell it at a loss? I'm interested in it.

Blue Locktite is used on the coupler bolts between the engine and the pump. It is removable. DO USE RED Locktite as it IS NOT removable. Locktite is great for anywhere there is any kind of vibration and is a standard in that type of industry.
I bought two (2) of these pumps. It was a mistake as I ordered over a Holiday weekend. I did not receive any kind of confirmation and then ordered again thinking that there was a glitch in my computer. Well, I received both and did pay whatever the price was. Then thinking that I would need a spare in case one went down. Has never happened and one is still in the box with booklet and all.
Hypros are great pumps. I have several types as I do a lot of stuff such as spray orchards, fields, and lawns. We have a roller pumped mounted on a moveable surface that is used to fill barrels with water from a creek when spraying fields, fences, orchards, etc.
Anyway great pump. My skid sprayer has the Honda 5HP from Northern Tools.
If you've never used a Diaphragm Hypro Pump, they use non-detergent oil which has a sight glass (Weirglass) that you observe when operating.

Let me know if you want this one as I'm putting it on Ebay in the spring.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Blue Locktite is used on the coupler bolts between the engine and the pump. It is removable. DO USE RED Locktite as it IS NOT removable. Locktite is great for anywhere there is any kind of vibration and is a standard in that type of industry.
I bought two (2) of these pumps. It was a mistake as I ordered over a Holiday weekend. I did not receive any kind of confirmation and then ordered again thinking that there was a glitch in my computer. Well, I received both and did pay whatever the price was. Then thinking that I would need a spare in case one went down. Has never happened and one is still in the box with booklet and all.
Hypros are great pumps. I have several types as I do a lot of stuff such as spray orchards, fields, and lawns. We have a roller pumped mounted on a moveable surface that is used to fill barrels with water from a creek when spraying fields, fences, orchards, etc. I'm only spraying my lawn, a neighbors and mother-in-laws so the one that Im using will last me forever.
If you've never used a Diaphragm Hypro Pump, they use non-detergent oil which has a sight glass (Weirglass) that you observe when operating.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Hypros are great pumps. I have several types as I do a lot of stuff such as spray orchards, fields, and lawns. We have a roller pumped mounted on a moveable surface that is used to fill barrels with water from a creek when spraying fields, fences, orchards, etc. I'm only spraying my lawn, a neighbors and mother-in-laws so the one that Im using will last me forever.

I've owned a hypro before. My first skid sprayer was a Lesco space saver 200 gallon. 5.5hp Kaw with D403 pump. I actually replaced the pump on it myself shortly after I bought it used. Ordered the pump in Tulsa, OK. drove 2 hours to pick it up for $700, then replaced it in the garage at home that night. Just don't ask me WHY I had to replace it (rookie move) Note to self: put rv antifreeze in the pump in Winter and don't try to operate it when the diaphrams are bad lol
On a serious note, I didn't use the locktite on my old D403. It had the nice $380 gear reduction box and the whole 9 yards. I was a fool for getting rid of it. But... live and learn. How would we do this transaction if I bought it from you? Obviously, you don't know me and I don't know you and $400 is alot of money.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Echo Handhelds

Old 12-13-2012, 04:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I've owned a hypro before. My first skid sprayer was a Lesco space saver 200 gallon. 5.5hp Kaw with D403 pump. I actually replaced the pump on it myself shortly after I bought it used. Ordered the pump in Tulsa, OK. drove 2 hours to pick it up for $700, then replaced it in the garage at home that night. Just don't ask me WHY I had to replace it (rookie move) Note to self: put rv antifreeze in the pump in Winter and don't try to operate it when the diaphrams are bad lol
On a serious note, I didn't use the locktite on my old D403. It had the nice $380 gear reduction box and the whole 9 yards. I was a fool for getting rid of it. But... live and learn. How would we do this transaction if I bought it from you? Obviously, you don't know me and I don't know you and $400 is alot of money.
Just PM me and we'll talk...Don't know about you, but I'm probably one of the most honest guys you'll ever know.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Update... Harbor Freight had a Christmas special coupon that offered the 212cc 6.5 hp engine for $99 which is the same price I paid online for the 79cc 2.5 hp. So, since I hadn't mounted or started the engine yet, I put it back in the box and ran it to Oklahoma City's HF store and exchanged it straight across for the bigger 212cc engine. Now I have a 3/4 shaft size engine with more power. The only reason I bought the 79cc in the beginning is because I had planned on going with a 4101 roller pump and the 79cc engine was capable of being paired direct (no gear reduction). I'm set now for a D252GRGI that accepts a 3/4 shaft.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Echo Handhelds

Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet. More power and a better pump. I used my 252 for around 10 years before I replaced it. Installed new diaphragms about once per year, sometimes twice. About every 50,000 gallons.
I eventually replaced it, because I forgot to check the oil in the gearbox for two years and the gearbox failed.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

With 300' of 1/2" hose and a JD9 clone that has a flood tip (2 gpm lawn nozzle) do you foresee me having any calibration issues? From everything I've read, the D252 will be able to "keep up" with a 2 gpm application rate using 300'x1/2".
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I typically run 4GPM at 100psig at the hose for fungicides. I'm using 200' of 3/8" hose and a 3 tip walking boom with AI 110 tips. Good choice of engine. That price was amazing. Occasionally we get a break.