Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New Stihl blower BR700?

I've heard this is coming soon any one hear anything? Redmax has a monopoly on big backpacks.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I asked the Stihl rep at the local dealership's open house this spring if a larger blower like a 650 or 700 or something along those lines were possible in the future, and he said absolutely not. Stihl felt that going larger than the 600 was not the right direction for the company to move because the machine would have to be larger and heavier, matching or exceeding the competition, so it would negate one of their advantages they have over the competition right now. Plus the EPA is making things ever harder for companies to design new and better products that can improve much over what's available currently.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see just such a blower come out. Hopefully if it does, it'll be a 2 stroke.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryB View Post
I've heard this is coming soon any one hear anything? Redmax has a monopoly on big backpacks.
maybe in your opinion.

i don't buy anything but stihl for backpacks.

i have access to redmax and i think very, very little of there backpacks. so i wouldn't call that a monopoly.

not in my area anyway. stihl seems to be the brand of choice in my neck of the woods for almost all handhelds.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They ought to come out with a 300cc water-cooled turbo EFI dual overhead cam, nah just kidding...
Call it the BFB

But something along the lines of a 75 to 90 cc's wouldn't hurt, the 600 is awesome but it is not the most powerful BP
And I've asked, even suggested to Stihl what you speak of, and their answer was huffy, stuck up.

So, use Husqvarna.

Last edited by herler; 12-13-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If it has a 4 mix it is a blower. I think the smaller 4-mix machines like the trimmers are fine, but I think the big ones like the backpacks would need too many valve adjustments from running on wide open throttle all the time.

Website
Like our Facebook Page!
Snapper CP218520
Snapper 21351PD new engine
LawnBoy 10227 wi/bagger
Kawasaki KRB650B
Stihl BG55
John Deere
Shindaiwa T242
Shindaiwa RS41
Husqvarna 445 saw
Stihl MS210C
Stihl KM90R wi/ trimmer/blower/edger
2014 Quality Steel and Aluminum 5x8 Utility Trailer.
Toro single stage snow thrower.

Click here for my work thread!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
If it has a 4 mix it is a blower. I think the smaller 4-mix machines like the trimmers are fine, but I think the big ones like the backpacks would need too many valve adjustments from running on wide open throttle all the time.
That's not correct at all bro. It is a recommended one time adjustment at 139 hours, and even at that Stihl says " if necessary".
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
I've been running the 4mix blowers for the last 4 years and never adjusted anything. Replaced the filter and plug once and they start by the second pull even on cold days.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah we run all stihl, and have been very pleased overall...i don't really understand why more power is needed, we are perfectly happy with the 600's...and to be honest, we would probably be happy with something a little smaller, just haven't looked in to it, and probably won't...i would imagine we will buy one more 600 for next season, i like to keep everything the same
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's not correct at all bro. It is a recommended one time adjustment at 139 hours, and even at that Stihl says " if necessary".
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I've been running the 4mix blowers for the last 4 years and never adjusted anything. Replaced the filter and plug once and they start by the second pull even on cold days.
That's just what I think. I could be wrong... And I think I am wrong...

Website
Like our Facebook Page!
Snapper CP218520
Snapper 21351PD new engine
LawnBoy 10227 wi/bagger
Kawasaki KRB650B
Stihl BG55
John Deere
Shindaiwa T242
Shindaiwa RS41
Husqvarna 445 saw
Stihl MS210C
Stihl KM90R wi/ trimmer/blower/edger
2014 Quality Steel and Aluminum 5x8 Utility Trailer.
Toro single stage snow thrower.

Click here for my work thread!

Last edited by kawasaki guy; 12-13-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
yeah we run all stihl, and have been very pleased overall...i don't really understand why more power is needed, we are perfectly happy with the 600's...and to be honest, we would probably be happy with something a little smaller, just haven't looked in to it, and probably won't...i would imagine we will buy one more 600 for next season, i like to keep everything the same
yeah I feel the same as you. not really sure why more power needed. I feel the 600 is efficient for most anything.

but then again that's in my market with the kind of debris and leaves I have to move. other areas may have a little different situation and need something more powerful to save time and money.