Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-13-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

how bout a scag walk behind with ECS controls???

From what I understand, its in the works. Its the only reason Ive never gotten rid of the exmark wb ive got is because the controls are SO NICE compared to the pistol grips........

Im excited, now we will have the best of both worlds!!! ECS type controls AND Velocity deck!!!!

Now lets just hope this aint a rumor. This came from a VERY reliable resource though. Id say its coming...........
Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

that would be a helluva machine-I've seen some scags throw down some awesome stripes and that would the cat's azz-this from an exmark guy.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Id like to see Scag v-ride controls on the walkbehind. I have heard Scag is going to do this for 2 years now. I want to replace my 2006 Scag hydro walkbehind and want the z controls. Gravely makes one and is at the top of my list as of now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Loved my exmark in every way except the esc, Very happy with Hustler til I see a Scag with good controls on it !
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would want one too!!!

Snapper: CP218520 Comm Hi Vac
70s Hi Vac
LawnBoy: 10227 wi/bagger
Scag:SW36 Grass Packer/Kawaski engine
Shindaiwa: T242 LE242 RS41T231X
STIHL: MS210C BG55x2
Kawasaki:KRB650B KHDS600A
Toro:1 Stage snow blower
Lesco: 4Gal BP sprayer #80 SS spreader deflector/hopper cover
Quality Steel: 5x8 utility trailer JJ trim rack Xtreme shovel rack

Shindaiwa and kawasaki beat Stihl
Click here for my work thread
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
that would be a helluva machine-I've seen some scags throw down some awesome stripes and that would the cat's azz-this from an exmark guy.

Yeah im an exmark WALK BEHIND
Fan but only because of the controls........ i know they make a nice machine but that deck doesnt cut weedy grass or damp grass very well where my scags with velocity kick arss in it...... i actually think they
y will sell the hell out of them if and when they get here....... from what i understand the controls will be just like ecs except the bar will connect in the center for patent reasons......
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The amount of force needed to operate the recent scag WB hydro is just ridiculous. They need to go over and see how Snapper took care of getting pistol forces down. Our old Scag aren't too bad but new ones are bad.
And they need to put the floating deck back on. Don't tell me about that stupid homeowner thing they came out with.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
The amount of force needed to operate the recent scag WB hydro is just ridiculous. They need to go over and see how Snapper took care of getting pistol forces down. Our old Scag aren't too bad but new ones are bad.
And they need to put the floating deck back on. Don't tell me about that stupid homeowner thing they came out with.
Actually I never even thought about that! Yeah its been a while since Ive owned a scag wb but yeah I forgot they don't have the floating deck. definetely a drawback.

Ultimate trim mower to me would be 48" FLOATING velocity deck, ecs type controls, hydro of course..............

a long time ago I bought a brand new 52" scag wb hydro. it was the deck prior to the velocity. It still had that sloped nose though on front of the deck. Worse cutting machine I had ever owned. I took a major but woopen on that machine and sold it for WAY less that i had in it and it only had 80 something hours. and yes your right, my shoulders and forearms were like something off of an ape!!! controls were very very hard to pull in and even with callused hands it would tear the hell out of your hands.

I just keep thinking that if they can come up with a mower that had better controls id be interested because that deck is just nothing like ive ever owned before. I used to double cut A LOT!. now its very LITTLE. We don't use my exmark 48 with trivantage much but on the jobs we do use it on you best just get comfortable behind it because you are gonna be double cutting. After the double though it does look nice. Time is money though!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
Hey groomer, where abouts are you located?? Looks like we could be located near eachother. Im in Brown county......
Old 12-14-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
And they need to put the floating deck back on. Dont tell me about that stupid homeowner thing they came out with.
snag made a homeowner machine?

Snapper: CP218520 Comm Hi Vac
70s Hi Vac
LawnBoy: 10227 wi/bagger
Scag:SW36 Grass Packer/Kawaski engine
Shindaiwa: T242 LE242 RS41T231X
STIHL: MS210C BG55x2
Kawasaki:KRB650B KHDS600A
Toro:1 Stage snow blower
Lesco: 4Gal BP sprayer #80 SS spreader deflector/hopper cover
Quality Steel: 5x8 utility trailer JJ trim rack Xtreme shovel rack

Shindaiwa and kawasaki beat Stihl