Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
Yeah I'm sure they well, they didn't get that big failing miserably at customer service. I'll probably drop it off near the end of the week or something.

How do you like Cutter Power Sales Greyst? I'm looking at picking up a scag there next year? They seem alright.
I have nothing positive to say about Cutter, i'd rather get a root canal than buy from them. Go to Paul's for a Scag.

Cutter get's a F for service after the sale and an F for trying to BS to get a sale, that's how they role.

What kind of Scag u gonna get? I'd really like a V Ride myself.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah the v ride. Pauls is like an hour away from me so my closest ones are hh, bairs, cutters and beltz. I wish beltz got rid of those snappers and replaced em with scag. A side from cutters i don't have any scag dealers near me. All i have is junk! lol
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have ran the Br600 since they first came out.I always ran good gas and stihl oil in mine and knock on wood I have never did anything to them besides change the filters and that is it. I recently bought a EBZ8500 and LOVE it for fall cleanups.It BLOWS my 600 away.The biggest difference is the 600 is way more comfortable and lighter.I use my 600 daily for blowing off driveways and beds.When it comes to doing a leaf removal the EBZ8500 is by far the way to go!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my brother just put another 4 hours on my br600 today and no issues, I still don't like it other then the fact that it is light and its quiet, which will be nice for mowing season. it does fine for clean ups, I'm just glad i don't have to use a back pack anymore.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I figured I'd give you guys an update. I got it back a couple weeks ago and had a chance to use it before the season completely ended. Instead of giving me a new blower they went a head and fixed the blower.

At first they thought the fuel settings weren't set right and that the engine was running lean. They also asked if i ran straight gas in it and ask how many times i filled up, i filled it 6 times since I bought it. The engine seemed to run fine so I was a bit taken back by that thought.

They continued to take it a part and found that the piston did a lot of damage to the block, it pretty much self destructed. They went ahead and ripped out the block and replaced it with a new one. I guess it was just an air leak into the engine that killed it. It was under warranty so i didn't have to pay the $300.00 repair bill.

Side Story: When I brought it in I told the guys at the front desk what was wrong with it. A tech comes out and says "this is broke? there's not a scratch on it". Another guy says "yeah, it only has 7 hours on it!" hahahahahahaha
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures

Last edited by Puddle of Oil; 12-12-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

typical sthil dealer arrogance. i use my br600,s sparingly as i expect short life from them. leaf cleanups only. my older br400,s get the daily use.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
typical sthil dealer arrogance. i use my br600,s sparingly as i expect short life from them. leaf cleanups only. my older br400,s get the daily use.
Apparently the warm climate we have just takes em out if you use them for stuff like apt cleanups. There were 4 from one company at the local dealer and all were less than 2 years.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I will keep my Shiny 902.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

you could be on to something ed2hess.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i'd say you got a lemon or something. i've had mine for 2 seasons and it's ran perfectly the whole time. i've never adjusted the valves or anything yet. runs perfectly and cranks right up.