Hahaha yea I think imma start to bill monthly after this thread lol

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
So, you guys bill monthly or not? LOL
Not sure...let me go upstairs and ask my mom.

Actually I just printed out invoices for my last 3 fall cleanups. No point in holding onto them until the end of the month.

Last edited by Darryl G; 12-13-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Rockefeller donated 132 million before he died to various charities and universities. We donate to school groups for field trips and the like, we donate toys for needy kids in town and also mow a little league field for free. I don't want a pat on the back, we do it because things have gone well for us and haven't for others. People have come up to us shaking our hand and one little league team sent us a thank you card. That's payment enough IMHO. When it comes to an end for all of us, people won't remember how much you have in your bank accounts but they WILL remeber how you conducted yourself as a person and what type of civic pride you had in your community. You come in this world and leave with one thing, your name......
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
So, you guys bill monthly or not? LOL
Yea I started this thread and participated in its untimely departure........
Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
when it comes to an end for all of us, people won't remember how much you have in your bank accounts but they will remeber how you conducted yourself as a person and what type of civic pride you had in your community. You come in this world and leave with one thing, your name......
very true..........
Old 12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
One of the problems with our society now is that "kids" tend move out and away from their parents, rather than adding a wing to the house or building a house out back (or living in the basement) like they used to in "the old days." It used to be that kids stuck around and helped out their parents in their old age. Now when Mom and/or dad can no longer take care of themselves, the norm is to send them off to a convalescent home. I moved back to my home town to be closer to my parents in their old age...moving back in wasn't a very attractive option to me since I had a family and my mom drove me nuts. I'm proud of the fact that thanks largely to my committment to helping them, both of my parent's died in the comfort of their home. In fact the reason I left my former career and started my lawn care/landscaping business was to better be able to take care of my mom after my dad passed. So you won't see me faulting anyone for living with their parents...ok, I might tease a little, lol.
teasing is one thing and I can take a little teasing. it's good you brought this up because while my parents can take care of themselves now the idea is when they get older I will help them out. and what better way than to be living in the same house.

since I don't have or desire a wife or kids I can stay at home and plan to until the day my parents die.

like I said a little teasing is fine but orange and others seems to think I actually live in the basement and have a totally free ride living at home like some teenager. that's just not the case. never had been.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Rockefeller donated 132 million before he died to various charities and universities. We donate to school groups for field trips and the like, we donate toys for needy kids in town and also mow a little league field for free. I don't want a pat on the back, we do it because things have gone well for us and haven't for others. People have come up to us shaking our hand and one little league team sent us a thank you card. That's payment enough IMHO. When it comes to an end for all of us, people won't remember how much you have in your bank accounts but they WILL remeber how you conducted yourself as a person and what type of civic pride you had in your community. You come in this world and leave with one thing, your name......
Couldn't have said it any better myself! Just because your single and have no family of your own is no excuse for not giving back, I am also single and an only child, but I give back every chance I get. I've always said that once my company gets to the point that I can donate my services I will give free service to all veterans, because I'm one myself and know what it's like to sacrifice for your country.

Last edited by cpllawncare; 12-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
teasing is one thing and I can take a little teasing. it's good you brought this up because while my parents can take care of themselves now the idea is when they get older I will help them out. and what better way than to be living in the same house.

since I don't have or desire a wife or kids I can stay at home and plan to until the day my parents die.

like I said a little teasing is fine but orange and others seems to think I actually live in the basement and have a totally free ride living at home like some teenager. that's just not the case. never had been.
I applaud you for this. I get the feeling that you are holding your weight around the house and do things that need to be done w/o being asked.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Okay getting back to the original question.

Say one was to bundle the following: all fertilizations, weed spot spraying, weekly mowing, aeration as needed. 5% off if the client pays with out being billed or prepays on a set date in the month. Advantage is fertilization doesn’t get skipped, lawn looks great, weeds in check etc. If you provide snow removal same amount every month all year.

Just makes sense to me. I believe it just has to be presented correctly.

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

big flaw there. I would NEVER and I mean never off a discount for any reason what so ever.

you can pay the whole year upfront, pay monthly, pay weekly, whatever. absolutely no discounts for any reason for anyone. family, friends included.

I'm not desperate for my money and I don't have to have it right away. the 30 days from the invoice is fine for me.