Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Why can't we have one legally authorized person in every school that is allowed to use deadly force if the situation calls for it. The cops can't be everywhere all the time, and these guys come out of nowhere and have to be dealt with immediatly.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I carry a Ruger SR9c. It is big enough to shoot at the range comfortably and small enough to carry.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i plan to take a class next week for cwp, and will start carrying asap. we haven't had much of an issue up my way yet, there have been some shootings but usually gang related, but with this kinda crap, my mind is made up to carry. I think it should be mandatory for all teachers to have cwp and carry, of course this will probably never actually happen but its probably the only way to prevent this stuff, or have a police officer at every entrance of a school but that won't happen either.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm in law enforcement and bring my gun everywhere. I have a kahr cm9. Look it up ultra small an great gun
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm all about owning guns and carrying them. I own a sig p229, a glock 40 cal and a sig 556 pistol.

but I don't think it should ever be mandatory for anyone but law enforcement and military to carry weapons. no matter where you are.

really, teachers, mandatory to carry a gun......
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I'm all about owning guns and carrying them. I own a sig p229, a glock 40 cal and a sig 556 pistol.

but I don't think it should ever be mandatory for anyone but law enforcement and military to carry weapons. no matter where you are.

really, teachers, mandatory to carry a gun......
yes teachers.....as long as they are educated on guns, and how to use them, they would probably agree....it won't ever happen so you can settle right down.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got my CCP a few years back but never or rarely carried. I have lived in Newark, parts of NYC, and other rough areas and always thought I was hyper aware of my surroundings because of this.

I got robbed and pistol whipped by some blacks last year for 3 dollars and an old Blackberry. Honestly, if I was carrying it would have not done any good except get the gun stolen. They came out of nowhere and I was fiddling with the radio in my friends driveway which was pitch black.

I do carry now though. I have said this before, but handhelds make great pawn items and are easy to get rid of off the internet.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think it's reasonable for every teacher to carry a gun, but at least one person I would say someone in administration probably a male that is at the school during classes to have access to a weapon not neccesarily carry it but at least have quick access, yes there would need to be training involved, but I think our children are worth it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I don't think it's reasonable for every teacher to carry a gun, but at least one person I would say someone in administration probably a male that is at the school during classes to have access to a weapon not neccesarily carry it but at least have quick access, yes there would need to be training involved, but I think our children are worth it.
i don't think it is reasonable for every teacher to carry a gun either, but it is one of the few ways to help stop things like this from happening, a metal detector with a police officer or even two at the main entrance and security at the other entrances wouldn't be a bad idea, but probably won't happen. they already have a few police at bigger schools around here. And it helps a lot, but to have a police officer or officers at every school is going to cost a lot of money, again its not likely there will be a police officer at every school for a long time or ever even, but that would help a lot.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

teachers carrying could be extremely good thing but would have to be extremely careful and on their toes at all times that a kid could never get ahold of it or see it imo