Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2012, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven1277 View Post
An armed police officer assigned to a school is one thing. I agree with that, especially for a high school. I'm not sure its necessary for primary schools, but on duty town police officers could include making the rounds through elementary schools randomly, including walking the halls and interacting with the students. That would be a much better solution than arming teachers. This is what the police sign up for. They receive proper training. Teachers don't, even if they go through the training course, its not the same. Can you imagine the potential concerns with school employees carrying firearms? Increases liability insurance for one. Lawsuits with that one time a hand gun gets into a child's hands. I know gun control is an unpopular view on this site. But if you take away guns, you take away gun violence. England is a good example. Very tight gun laws= very low gun deaths. Its a very simple equation.
Not necessary for a primary school? Have you seen the news? It was an elementary school that got hit. What, elementary students are expendible? Police officers can't be everywhere. People have been brainwashed into believing they are there to protect you. They are there to fill out the report after the crime is committed. That is all. People need to start taking responsibility and protect themselves and those around them. Those kids ain't ever coming back. Some of them may have survived had it been legal for staff to carry a gun. The laws we currently have make schools a great target for these massacres.