Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Advertising for 2013

What are you guys planning on doing for advertising next year?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am ordering door hangers 3000-4000 just debating on how many. Also something that worked for me ill be doing again. I ordered company shirts and gave them to friends and actually picked up some work that way. 1 jobs profit i had covered the shirts so ill be doing that for sure. Also theres a newsletter that goes out for a local youth sports club that goes out to 2800 familes it cost $100 for 2 weeks so ill be doing that(my mom also runs the news letter) ill start with that and go from there
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Continuing with angies list it's by far our best ROI.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Door hangers for us, and probably a postcard in April and May to target new customers during peek weed control time. We also have a local coupon clipper magazine that has a rather large circulation. The Jury is still out on that, it's expensive.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fert33 View Post
Door hangers for us, and probably a postcard in April and May to target new customers during peek weed control time. We also have a local coupon clipper magazine that has a rather large circulation. The Jury is still out on that, it's expensive.
thats why i like to stay away from newspapers and clipper mags and such. I thought of the shirt idea and had 23 calls from them. for what i get the shirts for it doesnt make sense to do much paper advertising and ive had some good luck with it. Its not a bad second form after door hangers. mobile advertising
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Even if you don't have a web site, hop online and create Google/Yahoo/Bing Local pages.

If you do have a web site, you still want to create those sites if you haven't done so, as well as spend the off-season researching and tuning up your site to capture more customer leads. Not on page 1 of the search engines? Look at your competitors that are ahead of you, figure out why, and adjust accordingly.

http://www.google.com/+/business/

http://listings.local.yahoo.com/overview.php

http://www.bing.com/businessportal/
Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Sponsor

Check out A'Deas Printing for any of your printing needs. www.adeasprinting.com We have specials going on alot, we do door hangers, post cards/direct mail, business cards and many other things. Check out the website for some of our specials and if you have any questions or want some pricing just let me know! My name is Glenda, my email is glenda@adeasprinting or you can reach me at 1-866-778-4254.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do a lot of networking over the winter at least 2 or 3 meetings a week and then I just let word of mouth do its work I gained 16 new customers that way last season . I will also be doing a Post card mail out to target neighborhoods and I will put a referral sheet in with the renewal letters offering a free aeration for anyone that signs up a friend or neighbors for a year contract.

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning on getting some postcards made up by PLAN-IT Graphics. I am going to try the USPS every door direct mail thing this year. It sure saves a lot of money i crunched the numbers. .14 per card. I am planning on sending out 5000 in spring
Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Postcards & mailing them with USPS. I've done doorhangers and they didn't really have a good ROI. I'll NEVER do fall/winter services doorhangers again, 2 years in a row and ZERO ROI. Talking with my neighbors has done well for referring but none of my existing clients (outside my neighborhood) have referred me. Craigslist has surprisingly worked well & even though I deal with 5x more cheap a$$es, I've gained some very good long term clients on it. As well as my listing on google maps, when you google (insert service) and my city, my company comes up in the top 3 listings. Doorhangers (for me) take an insane amount of time to get out and I've found that unless you are starting out in your first year and you don't have a whole lot stuff going, your time is better spent working on your business and developing other advertising strategies.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.