Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
forgive me for my comments they were wrong and came at one of the worse times. I was blinded by anger from the post I was commenting about.

all I was trying to do was prove my point that I don't feel we have a responsibility to anyone other than ourselves and I did it in a disgusting way.

I spoke (typed) before thinking as I sometimes do.

of course in a situation like CT I would help if I could. I would probably help in more situations than I actually think I would. but I don't feel a responsibility ever to anyone but myself and I wouldn't expect anyone else to feel any different either.

I think from the damage I've done from my post I will be departing this website so farewell and good luck to you all.
No need to leave the website. I may not agree with all your posts but its good to have different view points from different people. Thats how we all learn and grow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

for those in favor of more gun control, consider this.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
No need to leave the website. I may not agree with all your posts but its good to have different view points from different people. Thats how we all learn and grow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Of course it is. A site where everyone agrees is so borrrrrrring.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
for those in favor of more gun control, consider this.
They dont want to consider that. Hell all they want to do is answer the easy question , how. Simple to answer once the facts come out. The question they will avoid like the friggen plauge is the one we should be asking, why.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
well I guess I could stick around a bit longer.

we NEED better gun control. gun control is NOT removing guns completely from law abiding citizens though.

background checks need to be stricter. I know every time I've purchased a firearm I'm out the door in 5 min from purchasing it.

I also know guns aren't for everyone. no employer except the law enforcement and military should ever be mandating there employees carry a weapon. the school systems need to step up and hire proper security. mandating teachers carry firearms is not the answer.

what parent wants there child to spend each and every day with a teacher who has a gun in there pocket. I sure wouldn't. these massacres are too far and few between to be requiring every teacher have a gun but to deadly to not do something. that something is security outside the doors each and every min that building has students in it.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
forgive me for my comments they were wrong and came at one of the worse times. I was blinded by anger from the post I was commenting about.

all I was trying to do was prove my point that I don't feel we have a responsibility to anyone other than ourselves and I did it in a disgusting way.

I spoke (typed) before thinking as I sometimes do.

of course in a situation like CT I would help if I could. I would probably help in more situations than I actually think I would. but I don't feel a responsibility ever to anyone but myself and I wouldn't expect anyone else to feel any different either.

I think from the damage I've done from my post I will be departing this website so farewell and good luck to you all.
Because Lawnsite is a social place made up of responsible, professional & personable members(including yourself) your post was extremely contrary to our unspoken standard of consideration for the safety & well being of others & has received an appropriate rebuttle. However there aren't enough good people like ourselves so we want you to stick around but strive to admonish you to step up your concern for others (as you've already considered). This is how church is supposed to run actually. I know I've had to change my way of thinking hundreds of times becoming a better person(don't ask my wife to concur).
Now let's all have a good day with our family & friends.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
well I guess I could stick around a bit longer.

we NEED better gun control. gun control is NOT removing guns completely from law abiding citizens though.

background checks need to be stricter. I know every time I've purchased a firearm I'm out the door in 5 min from purchasing it.

I also know guns aren't for everyone. no employer except the law enforcement and military should ever be mandating there employees carry a weapon. the school systems need to step up and hire proper security. mandating teachers carry firearms is not the answer.

what parent wants there child to spend each and every day with a teacher who has a gun in there pocket. I sure wouldn't. these massacres are too far and few between to be requiring every teacher have a gun but to deadly to not do something. that something is security outside the doors each and every min that building has students in it.
The shooter stole the guns. What would more background checks have done? Should there also be a question on the form " do you have any messed up kids living in the household where these guns will be stored"?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & T Landscaping View Post
The HS I went to had two security guards and two SRO's (School Resource Officer) which are county police assigned to patrol the inside, and outside of the campus. The school also had 400+ Security cameras. We had fights...but not once was a gun ever involved. Not to mention, all the rooms had a call button that went straight to the security office, once pushed EVERYONE in administration and the security will be their within minutes. I do agree that schools need at least one armed guard that can be ready with the appropriate equipment for the job. Also, all our doors were locked during school hours...if you needed in, you'd have to go through the main office, unless a student let you in through a side door...which if you're packing heat, I doubt they would.
That's how my school is every middle school has a officer and call buttons and the hs have 2 officers and up and some schools you have to go through metal detectors every school in my city except elementary schools has at least 1 armed officer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
The shooter stole the guns. What would more background checks have done? Should there also be a question on the form " do you have any messed up kids living in the household where these guns will be stored"?
I love how the media keeps saying that the firearms were purchased legally. Yes, they were purchased legally but they were STOLEN by the gunman from the person who purchased them legally.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'll tell you, I tend to be very liberal- but not when it comes to guns and gun control and the liberal media that spins everything to make it look like taking guns away from everybody will solve the problem.